Rock Holmes/Macbeth/Makube

Off topic discussion.
Daiya Mondo
Metro City Citizen

Postby Daiya Mondo » 10 years ago

*DUMPS THE REST OF MY FAVORITE ROCK FROM METROPOLIS SCREENSHOTS*

click for spoilerImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

i left out a few in that group to kind of go into detail about this one scene. Fauna is fully aware of how much i love this one scene, specifically the dub version because i really love michael reisz's performance as him. he sounds cocky and all that, and it's a pretty voice if i'm gonna be honest here. :wub:

i love the little confrontation between tima and rock. rock is probably at his most snotty here, or he's a lot more 'loose' and unrestrained. he isn't really trying to be proper, though i think it might be because he's drunk or something. i like the haughty tone in his voice and my absolute favorite part of this scene is when he starts laughing. the little purr at the beginning then there's a small gasp THEN HE JUST GOES CRAZY AND LAUGHS I DUNNO MAN IT'S JUST :blush: everytime i watch metropolis (which is pretty often...) i have to loop that part over and over again. :wub:

super sorry for double posting by the way. augh.
ImageImage!

icon commissioned by birries!

Daiya Mondo
Metro City Citizen

"the time machine"

i was given an episode of the 1980s astro boy series a little while after i had seen it, and that was the first episode of the 80s series i had seen. OH I WONDER WHY I COULD HAVE BEEN SHOWN THIS EPISODE? IT IS AN ABSOLUTE MYSTERY TO ME! :whistling:

click for spoilerImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

this episode was pretty cute in general, even if it was really silly! rock was a really nice boy here, and probably the only incarnation i have seen (so far!!) where he is genuinely nice and isn't only pretending to be a good boy.

i'm more used to rock with black hair but the brown hair suits him really well. makes him more innocent looking i suppose. :wub:
ImageImage!

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

He's also missing his iconic dark glasses.
BTW: That Episode is unique in that it is the ONLY time BlackJack and Pinoko appear in the Astro Boy Anime. Tezuka is in it also.

I think Rock was mostly a good guy in Marine Express.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

My fondest memory from that episode was Black Jack riding the broom :lol:

Daiya Mondo
Metro City Citizen

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:He's also missing his iconic dark glasses.
BTW: That Episode is unique in that it is the ONLY time BlackJack and Pinoko appear in the Astro Boy Anime. Tezuka is in it also.

I think Rock was mostly a good guy in Marine Express.

yeah, i heard he was a good guy in marine express? and that he looked pretty different in there too?

i can't help but imagine someone that never seen other stuff by tezuka watching this episode and be confused by everyone showing up. "who is that guy at the end? what."

"Earthshine" wrote:My fondest memory from that episode was Black Jack riding the broom :lol:

nyoom.
ImageImage!

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 10 years ago

"Daiya Mondo" wrote:they were talking about how successful the vampire takeover was i think? then suddenly she's like "I LOVE YOU" and he got mad and threw her off. it was kind of jarring when i saw it in the manga, like i knew it was coming (i had seen people on tumblr post it and i reblogged it saying #rock and me) but wowee.

Yeah, it kinda made me a little mad? Like, Rururururururiko may have been sort of bland, but it was interesting to see a bold female character who didn't have to be the love interest...until she got chucked into that role for like 2 panels.

Rock has an ultra-smooth sexy dub laugh. I remember finding it by accident when I was skimming through the file with Daiya, and I went, "Oh, that's a nice laugh." I turn and Daiya is like half-dead on my floor. :lol:

Daiya, I'll see if I can find Marine Express anywhere for you. (I promise it won't be another name-swapped Tammy and the T-Rex file.)

Daiya Mondo
Metro City Citizen

"Fauna" wrote:Yeah, it kinda made me a little mad? Like, Rururururururiko may have been sort of bland, but it was interesting to see a bold female character who didn't have to be the love interest...until she got chucked into that role for like 2 panels.

Rock has an ultra-smooth sexy dub laugh. I remember finding it by accident when I was skimming through the file with Daiya, and I went, "Oh, that's a nice laugh." I turn and Daiya is like half-dead on my floor. :lol:

Daiya, I'll see if I can find Marine Express anywhere for you. (I promise it won't be another name-swapped Tammy and the T-Rex file.)

i dunno if it's because i have a really heavy bias towards rock but i swear that he's one of the only characters that are interesting in vampires--beyond his friend that just comes in to kick his butt.

but yeah, i feel you on the thing with rurururururururururururiko suddenly being thrusted upon rock? especially if it never comes up again? what the heckies.

i'm wondering if i would have liked the dub for metropolis so much if rock's voice actor didn't sound so smooth. would i have liked that scene as much as i did? would there still be parties in rock rock city if his laugh wasn't so [TRUMPET NOISES]? we will never know...

AND YOU ARE MADE OF LIES, FAUNA. I DON'T TRUST YOU. the joke/SWEET AS HECKIES PRANK THAT WOULD HAVE #WRECKT ME didnt even get to work, RIP
ImageImage!

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

"Earthshine" wrote:My fondest memory from that episode was Black Jack riding the broom :lol:

Same here. ;)
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Daiya Mondo
Metro City Citizen

rock rock city 2003-2: rock harder

it's been awhile since i've updated this thread, or people posted in it. i was a little scared to overwhelm people with more screenshots--i have some from the phoenix tv series but i didn't post them for some reason? and manga caps of what i read of vampires.

recently! i read the 2003 astro boy manga adaptation, or at least, the chapters with rock in the. :blush:

i kind of wish that the scans were better, i didn't really like the big crease in the middle of it but i understand why someone wouldn't be willing to nuke their book's binding just to scan it. but i took some caps of my favorite panels and such, please ignore the weird sizes etc. some of these will be really tiny while others... are the whole page.

here's what i have!

posting these two by themselves since they are REALLY big. (trigger warning for abuse, just in case.)
click for spoilerImageImageImage
i had actually forgotten to put this one in the collage...
ImageImage!

Earthshine

Postby Earthshine » 10 years ago

Wow Rock sounds like Skelitor from He-Man in this manga :T "I'll fashion the world into what I desire. A perfect place for evil-doers!"

Return to “General Discussion”