Video Game Music

Off topic discussion.
Presper
Kokoro Robot

Postby Presper » 8 years ago

That song really sounds like a lullaby. When I heard it, I imagined myself flying, looking down at the world below. Very relaxing indeed.

Portal 2 Turret Opera

SPOILERS This song plays a big part in this game's story. You've been warned.

Portal 2 is a First Person Puzzle Game. If you haven't played it I highly suggest you do.

I love this song. Its the only one I know of that actually made me cry, its stunning how a song can invoke such powerful emotions. However I think it has much more impact if you play the game, that's when I first heard it.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the link.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 years ago

Whoops, you accidentally posted a link to the Drakkhen song that I posted. I fixed the link for you. I also found an extended version with lyrics here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWqnU5lFksA

I watched Let's Plays of Portal 1 and 2 and found the game's story to be enjoyable, though I don't remember the Turret Opera song. It's a beautiful song, and I do imagine that it would invoke more emotion to hear it in-game. I enjoyed listening to it as is though.

1280x720-pih.jpg
1280x720-pih.jpg (32.53 KiB) Viewed 3779 times

Corneria - Super Smash Bros. Melee (2001)

Hands down, no questions asked, Super Smash Bros. Melee is my favorite video game of all time. I spent hours upon hours on this game, whether playing with friends, family, or myself against the computers. I'm always up for a round of SSBM...well, unless it's against a professional player, then I might not be so enthusiastic about it. :lol:

I love every song in this game, but I chose this one because it's one I don't see get mentioned often. It's an awesome remix of the original song from the first Star Fox game done in orchestral form and with an added section. The music is perfect for SSBM, because of the frantic pace of the song and for the stage itself, because it captures the feeling of flying in the sky very well.

Sadly, I've only played a little of Star Fox 64 and a little of Star Fox Assault, both in multiplayer, but I'd love to give one of the games a try one of these days.

Here's the original version of the song from the first Star Fox game:

Venom Base Stage 1 - Star Fox (1993)

Presper
Kokoro Robot

Postby Presper » 8 years ago

"Shiyonasan" wrote:Whoops, you accidentally posted a link to the Drakkhen song that I posted. I fixed the link for you. I also found an extended version with lyrics here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWqnU5lFksA

Why thank you friend, I've been on quite a few forums but I've never seen someone go to such great lengths to fix someone else's mistake. You surely are one of the kinder, more helpful moderators I've met.

As for the music. I found it quite enjoyable, It was energetic, fast paced, and had a great orchestral sound. It does a great job of capturing suspense, in an action movie kind of way.

I ran out of music to post for now, but I will definitely come back when I find or remember some other ones.
Last edited by Presper on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"Presper" wrote:Why thank you friend, I've been on quite a few forums but I've never seen someone go to such great lengths to fix someone else's mistake. You surely are one of the kinder, more helpful moderators I've met.

You're welcome! And thank you for the compliment! :D Just doing my job.

Kirby%2527s+Dream+Land+3+Grass+Land.png
Kirby%2527s+Dream+Land+3+Grass+Land.png (13.86 KiB) Viewed 3762 times

Grass Land 1 - Kirby's Dream Land 3 (1997)

Fun fact: this game is the last SNES game that was published by Nintendo in North America. It was released over a year after the Nintendo 64 was released.

The Kirby series is known for its fast-paced, energetic, happy-sounding songs (some songs are kind of dark to be fair), and this one's no exception. It does sound similar to Green Greens from Kirby's Dream Land (also a great song), but this is a great song too. I like the marching tempo of the song and how the song subtly changes between some of the sections.

The only Kirby game I've ever played is Kirby Air Ride for the Gamecube. Gotta get around to some of the other games sometime.

Uran-chama
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Uran-chama » 8 years ago

Take that!
I love the Phoenix Wright soundtrack. The songs just get you so pumped and are really fun to listen too. I think they really made the game for me.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney- Cornered

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Fun tune there, Uran-chama. I have no "objections" to you posting that song.

Last Minute - Splatoon (2015)

I'm surprised how popular this game has become, but I'm not against it becoming popular. It seems like a fun game to play, especially with friends.

I first heard this song through a Twitch gaming stream and loved it. It seems like it would get you pumped for the last 60 seconds of a match with it's energetic punk rock motif. I like the quirkiness of the song with the vocals, especially the "ska!" you hear throughout the song.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image no longer works.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 8 years ago

BUMP! :p

Warring winds and crimson tides from Divine Divinity.

I didn't actually play the game so far, I just bought it last week-end (or more precisely I had it for free after buying other games). I listened to the soundtrack and found this track interesting.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Alright, let's try reviving this thread one more time.

maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg (56.65 KiB) Viewed 3694 times

Gerudo Valley - Ocarina of Time (1998)

Another classic by Koji Kondo. The Western ambiance of this song fits very well with the desert setting.

Rejoyce
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Rejoyce » 8 years ago

I liked the boutique theme from Pokemon X and Y.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtpoJRhoO_Q

Shiyonasan
Administrator

FCq9vR8.jpg
FCq9vR8.jpg (193.02 KiB) Viewed 3683 times

Another Winter - Seiken Densetsu 3 (1995)

Another winter has almost come and gone for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere.

I like this song's marching melody along with the high-pitched note melody giving the song a chilly feeling.

I've never played this game (partially due to it being a Japan-only release), but have always been interested in playing a game from the Mana series one day. Probably my first choice would be to play Secret of Mana, since it did come out in America and received high praise from video game reviewers.

Return to “General Discussion”