Could it be possible that Tima was already a character in the Tezuka Star System?

Off topic discussion.
Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Could it be possible that Tima was already a character in the Tezuka Star System?

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

This is really interesting in my opinion. In the Metroplois manga there was this robot character, named Michi, who could change from a boy to a girl,(a grown-up female version of Michi also stars as Astro Boy's mother BTW) but in the Metropolis movie, Michi was replaced with a new character named Tima, a robot who was permanantly female. Below is a picture of Tima.

I happened to notice that Tima looked almost exactly like Miri from Jetter Mars. Jetter Mars was sort of similar to Astro Boy, and Miri could be considered as Uran's counter part, except Miri is more like Jetter Mar's older sister, rather than youner sister like Uran. Below is a picture of Miri.

But I think she appeared even before Jetter Mars was even thought of. There was a character that looked close to her in the 7th volume in the Astro Boy manga series. Her name was Surime, and she kinda looks just like Miri, exect she has black hair.

It's really interesting when you think about it. I think I might have found an undiscovered member of the Tezuka Star System. Maybe Michi wasn't just replaced with a wannabe Tezuka character in the movie. It's a really cool discovery. I wanna hear what thoughts anyone else has about this.
Last edited by Anime Girl on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 13 years ago

Sounds cool. It might be possible. ^____^;
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

Yeah, who woulda thunk?
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

I think that Miri's hairstyle was as close to Uran's as Tezuka cared to make it. Surume's hairstyle is not enough like Tima's or Miri's to make a match. Characters' / actors' distinctive features are all that really separate them. I have been studying the characters' world lately, & noted a few more brief appearances (cameos) in the Adventures of little robot Sam, two of them from Phoenix. Yet, both of these had VERY distinct features. Anyway, I do not recall Surume's hairstyle from any of the pages.

Image Image
Please tell me how these two are similar. I hate to say it, but many faces are simply generic, it is the hair that separates 1 character from another.
Last edited by jeffbert on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mr skunk
Robot President

Postby mr skunk » 13 years ago

Tima was created solely for the Metropolis anime, but according to my Metropolis movie memoir, her design was based slightly off a previous Tezuka female. However, the character she was based off was not a regular in the star system.

If you guys are interested in the page I'm talking about, I could scan it for you. :cool: Interesting discusson, btw!
"Make like siamese twins and split.... and then one of you die."

Return to “General Discussion”