DORORO - new anime series; available on PRIME w/ subs!

Off topic discussion.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

DORORO - new anime series; available on PRIME w/ subs!

Postby jeffbert » 2 months ago

I receive Tezuka newsletters, & just happened to click the link on the most recent one. DORORO the new series was all over it. Chrome translated the page: Tezuka newsletter. Scanning it, I just happened to see that PRIME will have it. I logged on, & sure enough; there it is, complete with English subtitles. :lol: :tezuka:

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Re: DORORO - new anime series; available on PRIME w/ subs!

Postby Shiyonasan » 2 months ago

Watched the first episode a couple days ago, and it looks very promising. Looking forward to watching the rest of it!

Took them a day or so to get the English subs up but they managed to get them up asap.

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 2 months ago

It's about time. I can't wait for the next episode tomorrow. Anyway, for those wanting to watch it, the link is here seeing as, unfortunately, Amazon made it as hard as possible to actually watch the show,

https://www.amazon.com/The-story-of-Dai ... rds=dororo

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 2 months ago

:o I found it easily.

Fuzzy Pickles!
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fuzzy Pickles! » 2 months ago

jeffbert wrote::o I found it easily.

Unfortunately, same cannot be said for many people. I see quite a few comments on YouTube saying "where do I watch this?". Some are not even aware there is a legal source to support the show hence why there are people viewing it through YouTube. Oddly enough, if you're a Prime member, you can't just type in "Dororo" and find the 2019 anime (only the manga and 1969 anime), you have to go to Prime Video and then type it in. I'm not sure if that's how it works with other anime but if so, then that hurts visibility since Amazon Prime users who wants to watch it may not know how to get to it and if not, then that's an issue I want them to fix with this show.

Fortunately, the relatively notable anime personalities like ForneverEver and The Anime Man are lavishing praise for the show so here's to hoping that more people find out about it through word of mouth.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 2 months ago

How does it compare so far with the 1969 version? I haven't watched either of them and I'm choosing which one to start with.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 2 months ago

I'm watching the 2019 version, having not watched or read any Dororo before, and I think you'd be fine starting with this version if you want DrFrag.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 1 month ago

i WATCHED THE 1ST 3 EPIOSODEs oops, [caps lock]! Anyway, looking at the episode guide for the B&W series, the 1st 2 stories stories were 2 episodes each.

Dororo ep guide, old site (wayback machine)
The advantage here, is that by merely changing the "en" in the web address to "ja" yields the Japanese language page.

Anyway, the graphic detail is much more intense/gruesome. :sick: Dororo is afraid of the dark. Is this correct in a time before even gas lights? :|

Return to “General Discussion”