Fan Art!

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

yes and no,
I've seen tv channels with the game but I have never played it.
In Seoul they have tv channels for practially all kinds of shows, video games, chess, chinese games,drama, life,golf, sports, ect. one channel freaked me out becuase it broad casted a "cough" sensitive subject "cough" if you know what i mean. rather a waste of time to watch people play a video game.
Unyongnekasayo

Uran-chan
Robot President

Postby Uran-chan » 13 years ago

"Astronomical girl" wrote:yes and no,
I've seen tv channels with the game but I have never played it.
In Seoul they have tv channels for practially all kinds of shows, video games, chess, chinese games,drama, life,golf, sports, ect. one channel freaked me out becuase it broad casted a "cough" sensitive subject "cough" if you know what i mean. rather a waste of time to watch people play a video game.

Pretty odd for a hobby but it depends on the taste of the person
by the way its really famous in my country and many love it including me

Astronomical girl
Banned

I read that is popular in Korea and in Taiwan I think. Did you know that Koreans are the longest working country on record? they work so long that where they live is the size of a room and they also eat out alot so they don't need a kitchen.
Unyongnekasayo

Uran-chan
Robot President

Postby Uran-chan » 13 years ago

"Astronomical girl" wrote:I read that is popular in Korea and in Taiwan I think. Did you know that Koreans are the longest working country on record? they work so long that where they live is the size of a room and they also eat out alot so they don't need a kitchen.

Wow..... i dint know koreans do that :o hmy:

Astronomical girl
Banned

I'm moving in a few months :`C
back to the States
Unyongnekasayo

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 13 years ago

r u looking foward to it??????
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Astronomical girl
Banned

Yes and no, :unsure:
I have lived a majority of my life overseas

I was born in Sumter, SC in 1995 until 99
Mons,Belgium from 99-03
Tobyhanna, PA, 03- December 05
Seoul,South Korea for almost five years

when have lived the way of life I have then you would understand.

I loved being overseas to be truthful. It gave me an understanding about how to view people not by who or where but by what we are, not that I don't appriciate and take pride in my heritage but I believe that we are human beings.we all share this earth. just becuase we have cultural differences doesn't make us any better or worse;people need each other to better of the whole. The US is ,supposedly,an example of that but when people are seperated by their background it creates unnecessary and irrational predjustices thus creates fear,ignorance,and trouble. I have learned that for as far back we can trace, those who has seperated themselves from others he falls to that segregate, when the US was found a new power arose by unification. We became an economic superpower in the short period of almost 300 years all becuase we have interlinked ourselves racially and socially coming together to become what many should relize, we are human

i'm sorry :blush:
I don't have alot of reason nor need to hate or love the US in general. personally its not where or what its who. I love the earth and all that is in it :)

If we were true animals then they're are many species of human but we are not true animals we are intelligent creatures who can converge and colaberate regardless.

pardon me :blush: again this is the pychology and morality part of me speaking. :blush:
Unyongnekasayo

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

You've really been blessed to see humanity this way. One thing to consider though, is because the US is made up of so many cultures, it becomes more of a challenge to be fair and open and equal.

For the earlier part of our history, we were a country that basically followed the culture of our English and northern European roots. As other cultures were added to our society, it has become really difficult to give each it's own "equal time."

Most other countries, such as South Korea -- or Sweden -- or France -- are basically all one ethnicity and culture (frequently with one predominant religion). People who emmigrate to those countries are expected to conform to the established culture. The USA is still trying to make the whole diverse-but-equal approach work. It IS very difficult, and I don't think the rest of the world gives us credit sometimes for trying to be a true "melting pot."
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Astronomical girl
Banned

I just don't see the need to be cultural racist and be seen as where I can from and where I was born and how I was raised. I was born on Earth in the US. To me all it tells you is where not who or what. infact we all be better off by just saying I was born in the US and be done with it if you speak english fine if you don't then I can't carry on this conversation with you unless there is a way to communicate. places don't matter unless it is necassary.

I will alway feel more at home in Seoul more then the US personally but I will not call Korea my favorite becuase why like one place rather then the world you live in?

its rather ridiculous :d oh:

The US is just different. other countries have always been who they are and segragated themselves into believing that they are better and this country is worse so we go to war with them when ever we feel like it. I wish people would see themselves as human and that all like whether or not they're a native or not is immatterial. WE ARE ALL HUMAN BEINGS CREATED UNDER THE SAME GOD THAT CREATED THE ANIMALS AND THE PLANETS. we are all equal.
Unyongnekasayo

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 13 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Most other countries, such as South Korea -- or Sweden -- or France -- are basically all one ethnicity and culture (frequently with one predominant religion). People who emmigrate to those countries are expected to conform to the established culture. The USA is still trying to make the whole diverse-but-equal approach work. It IS very difficult, and I don't think the rest of the world gives us credit sometimes for trying to be a true "melting pot."

Nope, France at least isn't "one culture" even though many people (including French) like to believe it. However the government historically acted as if France was a single culture. Most of France's regions claim a distinct culture, and for what I saw they do have cultural specificities, although I don't know how different it would be in USA (I never went there). They do have local languages, some of them similar to French, some others very different.

Charles de Gaulle said that France was difficult to govern because it has more than 200 different varieties of cheeses (wikiquote). This basically mean many different local cultures.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Return to “Fan Creations”