Satus' fan art

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Satus
Robot President

Postby Satus » 11 years ago

To AprilSeven,

I am mostly self taught, I first became interested in drawing (especially comics) in 2003. Learning to draw things, such as people, I did at home with my many books about drawing and animation. The only classes I ever got were those that are taught during Intermediate (middle school), where I learned a little about composition and colour from there. I'll leave it at that before I end up going into my whole artistic development at the length of an essay. :lol:

As for the "under-drawings", I see things in "mannequin vision" when I draw. That is... I see everything as shapes, the sketching progress just helps me remember what the vision looked like. I can draw without them just fine with almost the same end results if I wanted to, I just like to use them anyway (I'm a perfectionist sometimes). I find thinking in terms of shapes instead of what I actually see to be more helpful, I do it so much that sometimes I instinctively analyse people I am interacting with as shapes while I am nowhere near my art tools. Anyone, anything, anywhere, they are all something to examine for artistic purposes. :D I think I may be a tad obsessed.

Being able to see but not draw is a combo of memory and motor skills I guess? It's like learning to walk, you don't instantly walk just cos you saw someone else do it. You are not familiar with your own legs, so you keep practising. Doing it over and over makes you learn more and more.

Here's another drawing, that I drew last month on an oekaki board.
I suppose this one is Tezuka related, Astro is in it. :p

To F-Man,

Thanks, I like to be close to the original but still include pieces of my own style.
Last edited by Satus on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atoms_gf
Robot President

Postby atoms_gf » 11 years ago

This ish so cute <3

Satus
Robot President

Hi guys. Belated "Happy Holidays"! Belated thank you to Atoms_gf as well.

I haven't really worked on anything Atom related in a while, but I have been working on drawings of Osamu Tezuka's other characters during the year.

This is a picture of Kasumi from Black Jack that I drew a few months ago. She is actually Uran, so I'll post it here to show you guys.

This is an unfinished drawing of Atom and Nuka from the 1980s series. I plan to finish it sometime, but here's a preview.

And now to repair the dead links again. :lol: I gave ABO it's own folder now so hopefully that won't happen anymore.
Archive of previous pictures in this thread:
Atom & Uran
Mighty Atom & Rockman sketches
Atom walk cycle
Professor Tenma giving Tobio an airplane ride
Mighty Atom sketches
Uran walk cycle - unfinished animation
Atom running
Mighty Atom + Rockman & Sonic the Hedgehog
Sleepy Uran
Professor Tenma and Atom
Professor Tenma & Atom hugging: Full colour - Without background
Boon's kid
Upset Uran
Blue Atom
Atom & Nuka (also Uran)
Tenma and Atom fishing
Atom & Uran hugging
Epsilon & Professor Tenma - character studies
Atom & Uran - 1980's version, character studies
Uran - 2003 comic version
Cora
Space Uran
Atom, Uran & Professor Ochanomizu hug
Bored Uran
Uran vs. Bender
Atom & Uran hugging again: normal version, Christmas version
Bossy Uran
Cobalt
Denkou on a car
Denkou & Prince(ss) Sapphire sketches
Atom and Tenma's confrontation
More Mighty Atom doodles
80's Atom and 60's Uran
Captain Atom
Atom & Rock(man)
Movie Toby without spiked hair
Sketches of Atom, Uran & Nuka

Collaborations:
Atom carrying Uran - Original sketch by Gotta Love ASTRO BOY, colours by me.
Atom & Nuka crying - Lines by my friend, colours by me.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

:heart: :p

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 11 years ago

hugs- AGREE JEFFBERT and you are such a nice sweet guy- CHRIS is sweeter but you are also sweet too- PRAY everyone the very best ETERNAL SALVATION and safety always!

CHRIS says I am a fangirl!? IS HE RIGHT - SURE HOPE SO- GIGGLES! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

THESE ARE SO CUTE AND GIRLY :wub: :heart: - GIGGLES GIRLY-GIRL HAPPY AND SWEET!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 years ago

:blush:

Satus
Robot President

Thank you for the response.

ImageImage (more)

I finished the Atom and Nuka which I posted an incomplete version of in an early post, I like how it came out. I had never drawn Atom's mother before, so I decided to try it with that next picture. I might be colouring it at some point.

I also attempted to make a printable version of my Uran flash game, here. I don't know what it looks like on paper but I erased the colour to make it less of an ink killer. I never did get around to drawing more pieces for this game... feel free to suggest some.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

"Satus" wrote:T
I suppose this one is Tezuka related, Astro is in it. :p

That is VERY good. There aren't too many renditions of Atom facing the 'other way' and you captured it perfectly.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

I don't know why, but your image of Ochanomizu with Atom and Uran triggered my mind to create an image of Ochanomizu as Saint Nick. I wonder if that ever crossed Dr. Tezuka's mind (and maybe pencil).

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

I really love your art, Satus! :D

"Satus" wrote:I also attempted to make a printable version of my Uran flash game, here. I don't know what it looks like on paper but I erased the colour to make it less of an ink killer. I never did get around to drawing more pieces for this game... feel free to suggest some.

Here are a few suggestions:
I have a hard time choosing which one I prefer, but I guess the little girl I was would have loved the princess dress! :wub:

Return to “Fan Creations”