Flowers of Red and Yellow; The story of Zinc

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Flowers of Red and Yellow; The story of Zinc

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 11 years ago

Okay so I'm finally now getting around to redoing an old writing of mine called The Story of Zinc :) It's a story about Astro and Zoran getting a new sister and how she is trying to find her place. It will be set 5 years in the future from the point that Astro Boy 2003 left off. This is from her point of view and it will be silly and serious at the same time :lol:
For those of you who read the original, yes I did change some things :lol: Like Zinc's look and the title. That and it should be a lot longer this time :lol: (PS in the cover, I may have made her look to old :unsure: She is around 6 in the story :) ) (PS PS my name isn't really Kytlynn, its just the one I use for everything XD)
Final Cover 1.jpg
Final Cover 1.jpg (37.28 KiB) Viewed 2447 times

Here is part of the first chapter as a sort of sneak peak? :lol:

Surrounding and enveloping me was a blackness, darker than the darkest night. Slight whispers echoed through the darkness in a strangely familiar tongue. The echos breathed “wake up”. My thoughts flurried, creating bursts of white light, brightening up the darkness.
Wake up? But I can’t. I’m trapped and too weak to fight.

Suddenly, a bolt of bright blue light zapped the darkness, electrifying my metal heart. Making it beat. With every thump energy pulsed through my wires causing gears to begin to move like clockwork. My robotic lungs expanded, causing a cool rush of oxygen, nitrogen, and some other elements to flood inside. Then my core quickly converted those elements into more energy. With the new power, the small limbs attached to my hands began to twitch and study the frigid surface that they lie on. Then, with a quick flutter my eyes opened, exposing a blurry and blue tinted vision. Quickly, my eyes focused in and showed what was a huge ceiling composed of mostly metal. It looked as if it was put together not to be appealing to the eyes, but to serve a purpose of containing or protecting something. With all the new energy swarming into me, I found it hard to lie still. Slowly and timidly I began to work. Gears moved in my torso and gradually I found myself coming to a sitting position. My head pivoted to the left first, spotting huge wires that were rather plain, seeing as they were all the same color and size. Then I looked to the right. To my surprise I saw three figures standing there. The first on the left was shorter than other others. She wore a like pink shirt with white leggings and black hair that went with her brown eyes. The next was the tallest and clearly a male. He had short hair that spiked in two oddly placed points on his head. Like the girl, he had brown eyes, but he wore a red t-shirt and jeans. The last was a man with white hair on only the sides of his head and a huge nose that made it hard to notice any of the other features on his face. His torso was also remarkable larger than the others and he was covered in a long white trench coat and gray slacks. The girl released a joyous squeal at the sight of me looking at her, then the others laughed cheerfully. It was strange, but at the sound of their voices I felt a sudden and strong attachment to them, but I could not place a reason to why I had this odd feeling. As I sat there staring with wide eyes they took a step away.
What? No. Don’t go away. I thought.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 11 years ago

Did you draw that yourself, Gotta Love ASTRO BOY? :o hmy: Beautiful! It's really cool to have been able to follow your development as an artist here! :D

Your writing is also very different, it's like you've written a lot in the past two years.

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

"Astro Forever" wrote:Did you draw that yourself, Gotta Love ASTRO BOY? :o hmy: Beautiful! It's really cool to have been able to follow your development as an artist here! :D

Your writing is also very different, it's like you've written a lot in the past two years.

Yes I did >w< Thank you!
And I have been writing quite a lot these past years :lol:

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 11 years ago

Zinc is back! She looks way better too! ;)

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 11 years ago

Great work, Gotta! I like the new title of your story, too!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

"Novacain" wrote:Zinc is back! She looks way better too! ;)

Yep yep >W< Thank you, Novi! >W<

AprilSeven wrote:Great work, Gotta! I like the new title of your story, too!

Awh thank you April Seven! >W< Yeah I decided it would be a good idea to give it a more creative title xD

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Finally!

Okay since I haven't done much to this lately I decided to draw another thing of Zinc (since my style and quality changed in the last 6 months) and I will post what I have of the story so far XD (which isn't much :unsure: )

New cover.jpg
New cover.jpg (27.29 KiB) Viewed 2358 times

And here is the first part of the first chapter :D
Surrounding and enveloping me was a blackness, darker than the darkest night. Slight whispers echoed through the darkness in a strangely familiar tongue. The echos breathed “wake up”. At the sound of these words my thoughts flurried, creating bursts of white light, brightening up the darkness. Wake up? But I can’t. I’m trapped and too weak to fight.

Suddenly, a bolt of bright blue light zapped the darkness, electrifying my metal heart. Making it beat. With every thump energy pulsed through my wires causing gears to begin to move and work together. My robotic lungs expanded, causing a cool rush of nitrogen, oxygen, and some other elements to flood inside. Those elements my core quickly converted those elements into more energy, then expelled what it couldn’t use. With the new power, the small limbs attached to my hands began to twitch and study the frigid surface that they lie on. Then, with a quick flutter my eyes opened, exposing a blurry and blue tinted sight. Quickly, my eyes focused in and showed what was a huge ceiling composed of mostly metal. It looked as if it was put together not to be appealing to the eyes, but to serve a purpose of containing or protecting something.
With all the new energy swarming into me, I found it hard to lie still. Slowly and timidly I began to work. Gears moved in my torso and gradually I found myself coming to a sitting position. My head pivoted to the left first, spotting huge wires that were rather plain, seeing as they were all the same color and size. Then I looked to the right. To my surprise I saw three figures standing there. The first on the left was shorter than other others. She wore a like pink shirt with white leggings and black hair that went with her dark brown eyes. The next was the tallest and clearly a male. He had short hair that spiked in two oddly placed points on his head. Like the girl, he had brown eyes, but he wore a red t-shirt and jeans. The last was a man with white hair on only the sides of his head and a huge nose that made it hard to notice any of the other features on his face. His torso was also remarkably larger than the others and he was covered in a long white trench coat and gray slacks. The girl released a joyous squeal at the sight of me looking at her, then the others laughed cheerfully. It was strange, but at the sound of their voices I felt a sudden and strong attachment to them, but I could not place a reason to why I had this odd feeling. As I sat there staring with wide eyes they took a step away.
What? No. Don’t go away. I thought.
In desperation extended my right arm and reached out towards them, trying to show my objection to them leaving. However, my arm abruptly felt like it suddenly gaining weight, or losing energy. So much so that I couldn’t withstand it. As my arm fell so did I. I slipped off the table I was rested on and thudded onto the hard cement floor below. A feeling caused me to struggle to sit up. That feeling was pain. I had never felt something so cruel before as pain. Placing my hands firmly on the ground I began to stand. I had to make it to those people that had evoked such a strong devotion inside of me. To my dismay though, when I looked up again they had only stepped away farther.
No wait. I’m coming to you. Please, don’t go. I cried out inside.
Once on my feet I could feel myself wobble. I slapped my hand down on the table to try to balance myself, not daring to fall again. Carefully I took one step forward, then another, watching my feet to insure I was placing them correctly. Then I looked up to see if they had moved at all as I was taking another step and felt relieved that they had not. However, due to my distraction I felt my foot slip out from under me and looked to see the ground coming towards me. But shockingly, instead of the hard cement I felt hands grabbing me by my underarms and pulling me back to my feet. I looked up and quickly realized it was the taller male. He had a warm smile on his face as he said “Woah there” with a chuckle. The other two also laughed and began walking towards me.
Last edited by Gotta Love ASTRO BOY on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

Please go get yourself a login on fanfiction.net. This so belongs there!

BTW while you are free to use artistic license here, I think Astro is usually drawn shorter than Dr. O.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:Please go get yourself a login on fanfiction.net. This so belongs there!

BTW while you are free to use artistic license here, I think Astro is usually drawn shorter than Dr. O.

Thanks.

And um the idea is that he has grown? And are you suggesting that it is wrong that I make Astro taller than Oshay?
Last edited by Gotta Love ASTRO BOY on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 11 years ago

Astro's height depends on how you choose to interpret the story. If you are strictly following the canon then he is shorter. But feel free to interpret it as you feel, it is allowed under artistic license. I only mentioned it as a reference point.

It's a great start and I love your illustration, I hope you will join ff.net.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page

http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Return to “Fan Creations”