Felicity's Art

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
FelicityRedbarrow
Metro City Citizen

Felicity's Art

Postby FelicityRedbarrow » 9 years ago

I am quite new to the Astro Boy fandom, but it is clear to me that there is a serious lack of Ochanomizu fan art. I perceive this as a problem being as he is my favorite character. Therefore, I intend to right this wrong by contributing my own. That is not to say that this thread will be 100% Ochanomizu, but expect it as the majority.

If you find yourself interested in my other works, you can find me on DeviantART at this address: http://professorutonium.deviantart.com/

My DeviantART is mostly Powerpuff Girls, Doctor Who, and My Little Pony, just so you are aware. I intend to post any Astro Boy stuff here.

Now, let's get started!

These are some of the first character expression studies I've done of Ochanomizu.

Heads are easy, but have yet to understand bodies. I have taken life drawing classes, and I am still at a loss for how shoulders and arms work. That being said, I am pretty happy with the way this one came out, though it was heavily referenced from a google image search:

Finally, I did something I almost never do. Much of a character's charm is derived from the style in which they are drawn, in my opinion. However, I became curious as to how Doctor Ochanomizu's features (especially the nose and hair) might translate into the style I usually use to draw real people. I have seen Ochanomizu's design in the comic PLUTO, and while I like it, it doesn't read as Ochanomizu to me.

The manga and anime would never be the same with this style, but I think this is a pretty good Ochanomizu if I do say so myself.

That's it for today. I intend to draw some more soon.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 9 years ago

Very Interesting. Have you ever seen the Pluto manga? Your last Ochanomizu drawing sorta resembles him from that.
Your drawings on your deviant art site are very good too. I see you are also a Whovian.
Last edited by Tetsuwan Penguin on Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

FelicityRedbarrow
Metro City Citizen

I have seen a little of the Pluto manga. While the art is stunning, it didn't feel like Astro Boy to me.

Here's another quick doodle that I ended up really liking:

And then there's Zoran (yes, I prefer Zoran over Uran or Astro Girl). I felt like I shouldn't like her. She's rather self-centered, jealous, mischievous, and whiny. Gosh, she's cute, though. I don't know if I could stand living with her in real life, but as far as a character, she wound up being my second favorite. Not bad, girl. Not bad.

Gosh-diddly-darn-dangit, Zoran! You're right! You're absolutely right! *sobs in defeat*
Last edited by FelicityRedbarrow on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added image

FelicityRedbarrow
Metro City Citizen

One thing I find really amusing about Ochanomizu is that he has this heart of gold, but he's also this scrappy old man who takes absolutely no nonsense.

You do not want to be on the receiving end of that look.

Reid958
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Reid958 » 9 years ago

Your art is great, keep up the great work, your pretty good at drawing the doctor. :)
Last edited by Reid958 on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

I agree with Reid; your art is great! It's good to see more Ochanomizu fan art since you don't usually see much of it.

FelicityRedbarrow
Metro City Citizen

Thanks, guys!
I guess it's just a fact of him being an older character (I think he mentions that he's 68 in the manga, doesn't he?) that he doesn't get much attention. It's a shame because he's pretty darned important to the story in every incarnation. Well, that is, except for the movie, which is what I saw first. I was a little surprised to see him in his usual role because the movie cut him down so much.

FelicityRedbarrow
Metro City Citizen

Today, Ochanomizu wins the award for best dad. This is really my first attempt at Astro, and only my second Zoran.

Hugs are the best. Everyone is adorable.

Grigory Avilov
Kokoro Robot

Postby Grigory Avilov » 9 years ago

So that's how Dr. Ochanomizu would look in real life! And the quick doodle on your second post is just adorable. Excellent work!

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 9 years ago

LOOOVE those Dr. O drawings!!

It says somewhere that he was born in 1951 - which would make him 2 years older than me! He's really the "real" hero of the whole Astro Boy saga, because of his strength of character and loving heart.

I really loved how they made him a widower and grandfather in the Pluto manga -- it suits his personality PERFECTLY.

Plus I think he was a raging hippie back in the 60's and someplace on here I did a photoshop image of him getting ready to go to a Woodstock reunion!! :p

:o cha: :heart: :o cha:
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Return to “Fan Creations”