Kitty Lue's Astro Boy Fanart

Show off all your awesome art, writings and other creations here.
Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Kitty Lue » 7 years ago

Nu page :lol:
So as I may have mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm able to count fanart as part of my portfolio for my AP Art class. Given that my deadline to have all 12 pieces done is April 25th, I'm pretty much spending all available time to do art, so I've finished 3 more art pieces. :)
Here they are:

Full Size

Full Size

Full Size

^ This last image is also in the Tetsuwan April 2017 thread. :)

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

AMV Won "Best Editing" in local competition

So I entered my Astro Boy AMV "Keep Myself Alive" in a high school district video competition under the category "Video Editing". That event was held today, and my video won its category!

^ Fake thumbnail for the forum :P

Because of the setup and time constraints of the event, only 15-second clips were shown of the videos in each category before the winner of the category was announced, at which point the video's creator would receive an award and then the full version of the winning video would be played. That means :astro: was in one of the few videos that were shown in full. :w00t:

Awards:
click for spoilerImage
(That's just my name under the blur spot. I had to blur it out since the forum is public.)

(Definitely the most responsible use of a school computer :lol :)

Also, I'm considering making a new thread for my AMVs. I plan on making several more videos like this, and since these videos take me a lot longer to make than most of the type of art I made this thread for, I feel like it'd make it easier to find the AMVs in particular if they had their own thread, since they'd likely be dispersed pretty far apart in this thread.

And on another side note, I finished my portfolio (which I conveniently found a way to use fanart for :lol :) on Monday, but I'm going to hold off on posting the rest of those here until I find out if College Board (the people who will be grading my portfolio) has an issue with art used in portfolios being posted publicly online or not. Unfortunately I didn't take this into consideration before posting the other ones, so if they do turn out to have a problem with that I might be in a bit of a pickle. :unsure:
Last edited by Kitty Lue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 7 years ago

Haha wow that's great! Maybe that'll get some classmates interested in Astro Boy.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 7 years ago

Excellent video editing! What video editing software did you use (Mac or PC?) I see you used a few frames from that anime with Astro in the museum.
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

"Juanita" wrote:Haha wow that's great! Maybe that'll get some classmates interested in Astro Boy.

Yeah! And we had students not only from my school, but from each high school in the district! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

"Tetsuwan Penguin" wrote:Excellent video editing! What video editing software did you use (Mac or PC?) I see you used a few frames from that anime with Astro in the museum.

Thanks! I use Adobe Premiere on PC (Win 7 64-bit), so far my experience with the program has been great. There were a few minor snags I discovered here and there, as there tend to be with such complex programs, but the work-arounds still beat hacking XML files for Windows Movie Maker, which is what I'd been doing before. :lol: Unfortunately, the program's a bit expensive (unless applying the use of "shady biz" :whistling: :lol :)
Do you have an interest in video editing? :)
And yep, I did have a tendency to select clips that were either cut from the English dub or, like in the case you mentioned, were from the short films, whenever relevant. I had a few different reasons for this. One reason was, in the off chance that some of the people viewing the video at the event had seen any amount of the '03 series, chances are there'd still be a lot of clips they wouldn't recognize, and possibly spark an interest in having another look at it. In fact, my choice to use clips from the '03 series in the first place does a similar thing for some others; a lot of people in my area who have heard of Astro Boy only know of the existence of the '09 film. The obvious difference in style alone is enough to indicate that there's more they haven't seen. :lol:
Another reason was that the aspect of the story that seemed to fit best with the lyrics is one of the fairly dark aspects of the story, and while the English dub did keep some of those tones (didn't try to completely remove it like all the scenes of Atom playing with toys after the first episode :rolleyes :) it still did gimp it a bit. On top of this, I noticed that the short films seemed a lot more willing to focus on dark tones than even the Japanese version of the '03 series, probably because they didn't have to make compromises for America. (If I'm not mistaken, there was American involvement during the development of the '03 series, even before the dubbing.) Also, I tend to be a little loose with the individual continuities while making AMVs, melding different versions of the story together if it fits the lyrics better that way. A slight AU, in a way. :D
Wow, this reply turned out a whole lot longer than I thought it would. :lol:

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 7 years ago

Wow, amazing AMV! :w00t:

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Thanks, DrFrag! :w00t:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Re:

Postby jeffbert » 7 years ago

Kitty Lue wrote:One of my art pieces received an "Honorable Mention" ribbon in my school's art show. :)
click for spoilerImage
:P That is waaaay cute! :w00t: :heart:

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Re: Kitty Lue's Astro Boy Fanart

Thanks, Jeffbert! :w00t:

Pushmipullu
Kokoro Robot

Re: Kitty Lue's Astro Boy Fanart

Postby Pushmipullu » 7 years ago

Oh gosh, I'm so jealous of your art, lol. Do you have a deviantart or something that you post your art on?

Return to “Fan Creations”