Caption the picture game

All forum games and role play threads should go here.
CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:It must have been 5-7 years since I played that game. I'm so old, I remember the 640k barrier. :hyo: I'm so old, I remember drooling over the prospect of a 2x CD rom drive. :D I'm so old, I remember the '286. I'm so old, I remember the Commodore 64. :lol:

XD :D oh come on jeffbet :) your not realy old yet. saying it makes you age more :)

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:I'm so old, I remember the 640k barrier. :hyo:

You're so young, I remember the 64 Kb barrier :o hmy: Never had that unpleasant feeling when typing a text and suddenly get that "64 Kb reached" error? :sick:
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

zeo
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby zeo » 17 years ago

im so old,i used to have a comadore/amiga mutation/crossbread that could play tapes and cartradges.heck knows what it was called,though..."-something-464".im so old.i prefer retro games over todays games.heck,i STILL have a megadrive pluged into my TV in my bedroom.ah,happy times...
yeah,i too have a deviant art acount ^.^ pop in some time to enjoy the fine art of rubishness!
as aproved by astro boy!
http://firelancess78.deviantart.com/
as aproved by astro boy!
ImageImageImage...what?

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

"zeo" wrote:im so old.i prefer retro games over todays games.heck,i STILL have a megadrive pluged into my TV in my bedroom.ah,happy times...

How about neo-retro: no old console plugged anwhere, only an emulator of an old 8-bits console with thousands of games :cool: I play only a few of them today though :rolleyes:
And as a side note: I did bought all of the ones I still play ;)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

"fafner" wrote:How about neo-retro: no old console plugged anwhere, only an emulator of an old 8-bits console with thousands of games :cool: I play only a few of them today though :rolleyes:
And as a side note: I did bought all of the ones I still play ;)

What's funny is that I would have given anything back then to be able to play to all the games, yet today I want to play only the games I used to play. :rolleyes:

zeo
Rocket Ball Champion

well,at least its nice to know that other people share my like of older videogames.hell,they're a lot harder then todays games....alteard beast,space harrier 2,outrun 2019,T2:the arcade game and streets of rage 2 is all i have to say on the matter.
i would emulate those older games i wish i had but dont own...but my computer dose'nt even bother trying to DOWNLOAD emulators.*glares at the computer* "top of the range" my butt...
yeah,i too have a deviant art acount ^.^ pop in some time to enjoy the fine art of rubishness!

as aproved by astro boy!

as aproved by astro boy!

ImageImageImage...what?

LynnyM
Metro City Citizen

Postby LynnyM » 17 years ago

As long as I'm hanging around, I might as well interject.

Zeo, what's up with your Compy? I can't imagine a computer that couldn't handle a basic emulator, espesically the ones for older systems.

Unless I'm missing something here.

...this conversation is really off-topic, and I should be steering it back...but I'd rather continue the tangent.
Doctor Kei Kisaragi and further bullitens as events warrant. :ninja:

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

yeah this is way off topic :( but where having fun right? :D

zeo
Rocket Ball Champion

yeah,but its really my fault we went of topic,heh ^^;

i dont know,LynnyM./it downloads emulators and ROM's as a RAR. type file.but,even with WinZIP AND WinRAR,it wont get them to work.i can OPEN them,just not get them to run...
theres LOADS wrong with it,LynnyM.one of the most annoying being that i cannot save ANYTHING through firefox,i have to do it through IE (as if i dont have enough open already...dont ask).
i REALLY think we should get back to the main point.if however you really want to,i could make a thread about retro gaming/emulators and ROM's.

as aproved by astro boy!

as aproved by astro boy!

ImageImageImage...what?

LynnyM
Metro City Citizen

Postby LynnyM » 17 years ago

Well have this be "back to the main point" then; Continue discussing Emulators elsewhere if so desired :cool:

I should write a caption. I'll get around to it :D Busy with Black Jack anime at the moment.
Doctor Kei Kisaragi and further bullitens as events warrant. :ninja:

Return to “Games & Role Play”