Trivia Game

All forum games and role play threads should go here.
Nick
Kokoro Robot

Postby Nick » 17 years ago

Bora was actually not part of the original group he had to defeat, he was the back-up robot that the robot builder (who turned out to be the Sheiks old servant ) built to defeat Bruton, and so can't be counted. :astro:

Edit: Just finished Trivia and now see you already knew that. :D :blush:
Last edited by Nick on Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

The question wasn't about the original group. In the end, did he had to defeat Bora to be the most powerful robot in the world? I say yes. :D

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:The question wasn't about the original group. In the end, did he had to defeat Bora to be the most powerful robot in the world? I say yes. :D

I disagree. Abullah created Bora for 1 reason: to show the Sultan how meaningless was his goal, becuase there will always be the possibilty of somebody beating you. This reminds me a a FAR SIDE cartoon. This cowboy was standing behind a ping pong table saying to the young kid who just beat him that every punk panking a paddle would challenge him. He would never have any peace, now that he had beaten the best. "'Welcome to Hell, kid.'" :hyo:

Astro Forever
Administrator

So your answer would be that Bruton had to beat an infinite number of robot? For some reason I find this to be a very fafneresque logic! :D And I like it! :p

In a way, I can't say you are wrong since, as you say, the creation of Bora (or Bora's creation? :unsure: Please tell me, sombody! :cry: ) proves your point.

However, he never had a chance to become the "best robot in the world" because there was always at least one known robot in the world standing in his way (obviously Astro), even before Bora was known. Thus, he never got to the point where he would face an infinite number of robot. He was in the situation of the kid before he had beaten the cowboy, who still had one opponent remaining. Therefore I still contend that Bruton had to face 8 robots to become the best robot of the world, although to remain the best one, the answer would be an infinite number. :cool:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

"Astro Forever" wrote:So your answer would be that Bruton had to beat an infinite number of robot? For some reason I find this to be a very fafneresque logic! :D And I like it! :p

In a way, I can't say you are wrong since, as you say, the creation of Bora (or Bora's creation? :unsure: Please tell me, sombody! :cry: ) proves your point.

However, he never had a chance to become the "best robot in the world" because there was always at least one known robot in the world standing in his way (obviously Astro), even before Bora was known. Thus, he never got to the point where he would face an infinite number of robot. He was in the situation of the kid before he had beaten the cowboy, who still had one opponent remaining. Therefore I still contend that Bruton had to face 8 robots to become the best robot of the world, although to remain the best one, the answer would be an infinite number. :cool:

Abullah created Bora with full knowledge of Pluto's strengths and weaknesses. Therefore, barring any malfunction of Bora, Pluto's only hope of winning existed only in his own imagination. He was toast! In the case of Dark Pluto (Acheron or 'Styx' the river separating the living from the dead), Shadow's intent was not to fight Pluto, but Atom. Nevertheless, to fight Atom, Pluto had to be eliminated first.

OOOOOOOOOOOh, I have some delicious things about this story, but you must wait until I put up my new site in April.

Pluto only defeated Dark Pluto by an act of self-sacrifice, using the volcano as a weapon. Obviously Shadow was taken by surprise when Pluto was able to rise & grab his new foe & leap into the volcano. Perhaps he had not expected the volcano to be used as a weapon. Regardless, if not for that, both Pluto & Atom would have been destroyed. :astro:
Last edited by jeffbert on Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astro Forever
Administrator

"jeffbert" wrote:Abullah created Bora with full knowledge of Pluto's strengths and weaknesses. Therefore, barring any malfunction of Bora, Pluto's only hope of winning existed only in his own imagination. He was toast!
I agree, and I'd say he was aware of it.

OOOOOOOOOOOh, I have some delicious things about this story, but you must wait until I put up my new site in April.
I don't know if I should :cry: or :w00t: in anticipation! :lol:

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

your talking about my favorite episode if the 2003 version of Astro boy, this cool, I have to say though it is sad the way Acheron kills Pluto by wrestling him and then throwing him into the laver or some thing like I have poor memory and it was while back I had seen it, but, I like the part when Pluto asked Zoran "what is a friend?" but why did Shadow want to destroy Pluto by making Acheron? It’s like dog eat dog. And plus Pluto and Acheron where made by the same guy they where brothers. I wondered what would have happened if Astro did fight Acheron though, it would be a long fight but because of Astro having a heart and a soul and Acheron not having these Astro would have surely lost. But that’s when Pluto stepped in, before he died Pluto said some thing, dose any one know what?

And in episode 49 (I think) I saw Pluto agene, who rebuilt him?

I don’t know if I was off topic or what there, I just had to say some thing because it’d my favorite episode, it’s so touching.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

"Sparx" wrote:your talking about my favorite episode if the 2003 version of Astro boy, this cool, I have to say though it is sad the way Acheron kills Pluto by wrestling him and then throwing him into the laver or some thing like I have poor memory and it was while back I had seen it, but, I like the part when Pluto asked Zoran "what is a friend?" but why did Shadow want to destroy Pluto by making Acheron? It’s like dog eat dog. And plus Pluto and Acheron where made by the same guy they where brothers. I wondered what would have happened if Astro did fight Acheron though, it would be a long fight but because of Astro having a heart and a soul and Acheron not having these Astro would have surely lost. But that’s when Pluto stepped in, before he died Pluto said some thing, dose any one know what?

And in episode 49 (I think) I saw Pluto agene, who rebuilt him?

I don’t know if I was off topic or what there, I just had to say some thing because it’d my favorite episode, it’s so touching.

read Astroboy manga vol. #3, it has the story in comic form. Nevertheless, the 2003 version did change a few plot elements. Dark Horse has online previews of 4 pages from each volume. I will find the links for you. :astro:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

"jeffbert" wrote:read Astroboy manga vol. #3, it has the story in comic form. Nevertheless, the 2003 version did change a few plot elements. Dark Horse has online previews of 4 pages from each volume. I will find the links for you. :astro:

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/preview.php?theid=11-531&p=1 takes you to the 1st page, & has links to the others. :astro:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Here is a good question. Tezuka included other authors' characters in his own works, including Popeye's pappy & the man pictured here:

Now, can anybody name the 2003 episode in which this man Gepetto appears? :lol:

Return to “Games & Role Play”