Role Play 2!

All forum games and role play threads should go here.
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 15 years ago

Just go over this thread to get a feel for the story so far and see if that character is not already taken, and make your character do something. Maybe someone will post a follow-up action.

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 14 years ago

Scene Downtown.

Engine 7 Ladder 1 5th fire company responding to 2 alarm blaze. Arson caused by a group of rioters on a robot repair shop....request police assist!

(One of the firemen is Timber Tim, the firebot the 1980's Astro saved from the scrap heap one episode)

Tim ducked to avoid a flying tire iron and pushed another fireman back who was looking to give a little payback.

"Don't do it Saito! You'll get em really worked up!"

The mob was really angry, shouting curses, throwing bottles, of course their target was obviously not the store.

"Do you want this whole block to ignite you morons?!" Timber screamed.

"Better that than let a stupid robot do what humans should be doing!" A man screamed. "Why are you humans sticking up for this piece of junk?!"

Timber caught Saito by his arm. "I said NO! Let em vent, we haven't got time for this!"

"They won't get out of the way!" Saito screamed back. He turned to his Captain, Naomi Hota. "Cap! They won't move, we should hose blast em or lose this whole block!"

MegaAstroFan75
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MegaAstroFan75 » 14 years ago

(I'm going to join with an original character. Daniel Lumin, an extremely well made and realistic android that's an electronic nervous system with synthetic parts added around it. He's stronger than a human, but nowhere near as much as Astro. Besides other basic robot abilities, like being able to survive without air, food, and so on he's powerless. Physically he's almost indistinguishable from a human though, and with emotions matching a human's as well. He resembles a 12 year old boy.)

Daniel moved quickly and cautiously through the streets, looking over his shoulder every few seconds. His heart was racing, his mind a blur of adrenaline and fear. It was not a nice area of town. Lots of old buildings, ramshackle slum apartments, the stink of the waste of society that wandered down to this underworld when they could go no place else. And with his torn, damp and filthy clothes he looked like he belonged. Hard to imagine in a world with robots and flying cars there were still people living homeless on the streets and sleeping in alleys.

Not just humans were here, broken robots who no longer had a use and had not been properly disposed of. Robots on their last power cells and reminiscing of happier days. Of course such a place was a prime place for crime bosses to find 'new recruits' or for man to prey easily off his fellow man. Cars could fly now, they didn't need to come near this dirty, decrepit area of town. As such it remained a dim, dingy area isolated from the better parts of the city.

Daniel had no clue why he was there, then again he was having less clue of things every moment, ever since... he couldn't remember. All he knew was his head was sore, but the rest of his body was so maybe it wasn't important. Why was he running anyways? He just had to was his answer. He couldn't remember why, but it was one of the only things left in his mind. Run from the danger. Find safety, that's what he needed to do.

"Find safety," he muttered breathlessly. Where was safety? Not in this place, but if he could find his way out of it. Suddenly a name sprang to his mind. "O'Shay," he muttered.

"You say O'Shay?" a nearby robot asked.

"Yes," Daniel replied, his head fuzzy. He stumbled and fell only for the robot, a broken down nurse robot, to grab him in its tube-arms.

"Carefl... dearie," it said with its female A.I. voice. "I cn take you to O'Shay," she said, her voice module broken. "I knew his nrse rob... Nora."

"How can you get me there?" Daniel asked.

"My lst ownr installed a rocket in me, I've been saving my last fuel for something special."

"You think I'm special? I don't even know who I am," Daniel said sadly.

"Jst grab on and I'll get you there."

On the back of the yellow nurse robot Daniel was taken high into the sky over the great city-state of Metro City. The slum vanished amidst a world of much nicer buildings shining like pillars of marble and steel, with hundreds of other colours mixed in. The sight soon left though as they zoomed in towards a house fairly large in size. They landed in front of the front door where the nurse robot let Daniel jump off. "Good luck, and good-bye strange human," she said and rocketed off into the sky, only for the rocket to fail while she was in the air. She plummeted to the ground somewhere down the road.

For Daniel he had no idea what to do now, but ring the doorbell and finally collapse from pain, exhaustion and confusion.

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 14 years ago

astro: [is standing looking out the window] oh..man....hmm...well i guess i could start my home work...theres nothing else to do..

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 14 years ago

Is this still going? Are you still going by the burnt down robot repair shop plot?
If so, may I be Lamp?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

I would review the last few pages to see if anyone claimed him.

It is odd that people set up the rules, pick characters, & then lose interest. :p irate:
Last edited by jeffbert on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 14 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:I would review the last few pages to see if anyone claimed him.

It is odd that people set up the rules, pick characters, & then lose interest. :p irate:

Well, I think none of us knew where to start from. Everybody's getting their favorite characters and/or the most essential ones, but there's no way to tie them all together.

Also I call Livian, in addition to having Tenma.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

The reason why I'm afraid to participate is that while I come here every day and read every day, I don't always have time to post to my liking, and I'd be scared to slow down the game. But this can be fun, so I hope you guys can get it to work. I might claim a small character (maybe not :hyo: though! :p )

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

If I participated, I would ruin it for those who want it to be serious, as I have a rather odd sense of humor, nurtured on G. Larsen's Far Side, and a few other weird comics.

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jayrath » 14 years ago

Skunk's already taken, which is wonderful! But I'll play next time . . .

Return to “Games & Role Play”