Post the album cover of your most favourite band / artist (one picture per day)

All forum games and role play threads should go here.
Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 10 years ago

Shiyonasan wrote:Great to see another Dream Theater fan on here! :D I can't wait for their next album either. I like "The Enemy Inside", but I think "Along for the Ride" is pretty average. I think the rest of the album will be awesome though!

I've only heard some snippets of 'The Enemy Inside' thus far, but I'd rather like to refrain from any further listening until the album is out anyway. Title-wise, the long track "Illumination Theory" looks very promising! :)

SOPikaMeowMeow, that Skilled-cover is very reminiscent of Mark Knopfler's latest output, 'Privateering'. I wonder whether the two of them came to an arrangement about the picture being used... :p

Great covers everybody! Keep 'em coming.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 10 years ago

"SOPikaMeowMeow" wrote:Skillet! I haven't met someone who likes Skillet on the web yet.

Likewise. I love Skillet! I first heard their music during some church events about a decade ago. I also like Relient K, though I prefer their older stuff.

Tetsuwan Penguin, that's the only album of Weird Al's that I own and I love it! My 10th grade English teacher would play some of Weird Al's music during class. :lol:

reinxeed-welcome-to-the-theater-20120418054242.jpg
reinxeed-welcome-to-the-theater-20120418054242.jpg (101.97 KiB) Viewed 2925 times

Reinxeed - Welcome to the Theater

Interesting, but fun power metal band here. On this album, they wrote songs about different movie franchises such as Back to the Future, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, and others.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 10 years ago

Loved "Africa" and "Rossana"
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 10 years ago

SOPikaMeowMeow, that Skilled-cover is very reminiscent of Mark Knopfler's latest output, 'Privateering'. I wonder whether the two of them came to an arrangement about the picture being used...

Interesting. When did Privateering come out?

EyeOdyssey

Postby EyeOdyssey » 10 years ago

My favorite album of the day is
For more, have a stop by The EyeOdyssey Lounge.
http://eyeodyssey.tumblr.com/

jmb2891
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jmb2891 » 10 years ago

That was my favorite Zeppelin album until I got my hands on Physical Graffiti. Speaking of which:

Love this thread!
"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."
-Jim Morrison

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you, too, can become great."
-Mark Twain

Please check out:
My YouTube Channel
My Ultimate-Guitar Profile

EyeOdyssey

Postby EyeOdyssey » 10 years ago

"Strange Wings" wrote:Here is mine for today:
Spinal Tap - Smell The Glove

:D

That's genius.

"It's like, how much more black can this be. And the answer is none. None more black."
For more, have a stop by The EyeOdyssey Lounge.
http://eyeodyssey.tumblr.com/

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 10 years ago

^^ "What day did the Lord create Spinal Tap and couldn't he have rested on that day too?"
Still get a good laugh about the mockumentary, especially about the dwarfs dancing around the way too small Stonehenge model. :lol:

SOPikaMeowMeow wrote:Interesting. When did Privateering come out?

I believe it did come out in september last year. I didn't like it very much at first listen, but it definitely has grow on me. The typical Mark Knopfler vintage guitar sound is all over the place. It's hard to describe the special atmosphere it's creating.

Axe - Offering

A classic among old-school rockers. Bobby Barth and Michael Osborne at their best!

Juanita
On a Flight into Space

Postby Juanita » 10 years ago

My friend introduced me to this album, and it's now one of my favorite techno albums. Arcades is my favorite song on the album.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 10 years ago

Flatfoot-56-Jungle-Of-The-Midwest-Sea.jpg
Flatfoot-56-Jungle-Of-The-Midwest-Sea.jpg (79.44 KiB) Viewed 2896 times

Flatfoot 56 - Jungle of the Midwest Sea

This is a Celtic punk band from Chicago. I'm not a big punk guy, but I love this band. Give this band a listen if you're looking for something unique.

Return to “Games & Role Play”