Post the album cover of your most favourite band / artist (one picture per day)

All forum games and role play threads should go here.
Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 10 years ago

:) Sure, you can post soundtracks as well! I thought about posting the 'Back To The Future II' soundtrack cover, but this one took presedence:

Dokken - Back For The Attack

Dokken at their prime. George Lynch really tightened his status as a guitar hero with this release!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 10 years ago

skyrim_soundtrack_ogs.jpg
skyrim_soundtrack_ogs.jpg (65.38 KiB) Viewed 2731 times

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Original Game Soundtrack

I've never played an Elder Scrolls game before, but I love the music that Jeremy Soule has composed for them. Great soundtrack to relax to.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Dream Theater - Awake

One of their darker outputs. It's almost impossible to descibe the emotional roller coaster ride while listening to these progressive monuments. Favourite tracks: "The Mirror" and "Lie".
\m/ :d evil: \m/

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Good album, Strange Wings. My personal favorites from that album are "Lifting Shadows Off a Dream", "Space-Dye Vest", and "6:00".

metropolis-part-2.jpg
metropolis-part-2.jpg (35.23 KiB) Viewed 2720 times

Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory

My second favorite DT album. A great concept album that has memorable tunes throughout.

"Overture 1928", "The Spirit Goes On", and "The Dance of Eternity" are the highlights of this album. "Overture 1928" is my overall second favorite DT song, after "Metropolis Pt.1: The Miracle and the Sleeper".

jmb2891
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jmb2891 » 10 years ago

Pink Floyd - The Wall

My all time favorite album and the record that got me into the band.
"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."
-Jim Morrison

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you, too, can become great."
-Mark Twain

Please check out:
My YouTube Channel
My Ultimate-Guitar Profile

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

^^ Yeah! Those are definitely two great classics in progressive rock/metal! "Finally Free" still uses to send shivers down my spine (in a positive sense, mind you ;) ). It's among the first DT albums I bought back in '99.

"The Wall" will always be a reminder of my childhood! My brother used to play the album over and over again literally until the tape wore out. I still recall the weird atmosphere it created. Still my most favourite Pink Floyd album, next to 'Dark Side Of The Moon'.

77BAE572C433D9508D2FF7198697E.jpg
77BAE572C433D9508D2FF7198697E.jpg (41.46 KiB) Viewed 2714 times

Great White - Hooked

Great southern blues/hard rock! Perfect for sitting on the beach with a cold beer and a pair of sunglasses on. :cool:
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"Finally Free" is definitely a great song. The instrumental ending part drags on a little too long for me, but the rest of the song is awesome.

Theocracy_-_Theocracy.jpg
Theocracy_-_Theocracy.jpg (38.44 KiB) Viewed 2714 times

Theocracy - Theocracy

Theocracy's first album. Fun fact: all of the instruments on this album were written, composed, performed by one guy. He also produced this album. Since this album has been released, Theocracy has gone on to become a five-man band.

This is a Christian melodic progressive/power metal band, but whether you are a Christian or not that enjoys prog metal and/or power metal, you'll enjoy this album. "As the World Bleeds" is their best album, but I felt like posting this album because it's getting a remixed release later this year, and I'm listening to it right now. :)
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

I'm not that much into Christian hard rock/prog metal, but I did own the debut album from 'Narnia'. They disbanded a couple of years ago, which is a shame because their gutarist was a real wizzard! Anyway, the Theocracy cover looks very cool!

Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of Destiny

Back in 1976, this album introduced a broader audience to the distorted loud noise of 'british heavy metal'! A classic recording in every sense! My favourites are "Victim Of Changes", "Genocide" and "Island Of Domination".

jmb2891
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jmb2891 » 10 years ago

Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell. Their first album without Ozzy and the first with the late great Ronnie James Dio as vocalist.
"Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."

-Jim Morrison

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you, too, can become great."

-Mark Twain

Please check out:

My YouTube Channel

My Ultimate-Guitar Profile

Shiyonasan
Administrator

"Strange Wings" wrote:I'm not that much into Christian hard rock/prog metal, but I did own the debut album from 'Narnia'. They disbanded a couple of years ago, which is a shame because their gutarist was a real wizzard!

Never been a big fan of Narnia, but they have some good music.

I hate to be posting so many Dream Theater album covers, but since I just listened to it...

2623619G1H0cGoU.png
2623619G1H0cGoU.png (99.59 KiB) Viewed 2705 times

Dream Theater (self-titled album)

Dream Theater's newest album. Listened to it for the first time last night, and was thoroughly impressed. Very diverse album. Upon first impression, I gave this album 9 out of 10. Great album from start to finish.

Return to “Games & Role Play”