How-Old.net with Anime, Cartoons, and CG

All forum games and role play threads should go here.
Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

How-Old.net with Anime, Cartoons, and CG

Postby Kitty Lue » 7 years ago

I felt like this topic fits best in the games section. This website lets you select images from your computer or from the internet, and it will try to guess the age and gender of any faces it can find in the image. It can be a bit difficult for it to find faces when the image isn't actually a photo, but when it does the results are usually pretty hilarious. :lol:
I have seen this thing identify faces in 2D drawings, but it is able to identify a lot more faces in CG (probably because the lighting is more similar to real life).

Feel free to try this out, too, and post pictures of the results you get here. xD

After many tries, I did get it to identify Astro's face (what do you know? It was a frame from the CG movie. :P ), and apparently he's a 4-year-old girl. :lol:
You don't say? :lol:

I've also gotten this to work several times in the past with Link from The Legend of Zelda, especially with render tests of my 3D model I made in Blender.
I like how my slightly younger-looking model of Link in Ocarina of Time is 36, and my slightly older-looking one of Link in Majora's Mask is 8. xD

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 7 years ago

What an amusing idea you had! I'm not surprised Astro looks like he is 4. :lol: His face is very round. Perhaps even his body proportions would get him that result. I think it has to do with how mangas/anime are drawn.

The program would probably freak out at how low his ears are! :p

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Astro's body proportions do look so young, even for looking 'nine'! (or in the case of the movie, 13. xD) It's obviously the case with his face, but I also noticed this with other things. One time I was looking up hand references, and one of the references that came up was for baby hands, and I realized Astro's hands and wrists looked a lot like those references in some cases! Now that's some exaggeration on the youthful appearance of a nine-year-old. :lol:
Haha, considering How-Old has been able to detect some faces in frames from 2D animation, maybe the reason I haven't, so far, been able to get it to recognize Astro from any of the anime/manga might be because of his ear placement in conjunction with how tall his eyes are. xD
...or maybe it just ignores ears, on second thought, considering it had no problem with Link's 'elf' ears. :P

Ms freeman
Kokoro Robot

Postby Ms freeman » 7 years ago

Well its funny that happened to Astro (omg that pic made may day ) �� , since his face is really round and his eye lashes (lovely eye lashes) which probably confused the system or like it said it , it will be improved in the future , well i really hope it does since i want to try it on other characters ������������

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Haha I just hope that when it's 'improved', it doesn't stop recognizing these 'stylized' faces, because I love its mistakes! xD

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 7 years ago

No one tell Wonder Woman the program thinks she looks 40 XD

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:No one tell Wonder Woman the program thinks she looks 40 XD

Of course not! It only thinks she's 39! :lol:

(I say on my 40th post. Is this forum trying to tell us something? xD)
Last edited by Kitty Lue on Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reasons

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 7 years ago

I have a habit of rounding. Anything over 35 I round automatically to 40 XD

Kitty Lue
Rocket Ball Champion

Haha that makes sense, it's just funny how some people will cling to the number 39 like there's some big difference between being 39 or 40. xD

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 7 years ago

This is a well-known psychological bias: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_pricing
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Return to “Games & Role Play”