Astro Boy Reprints

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Solarcat20v2
Kokoro Robot

Astro Boy Reprints

Postby Solarcat20v2 » 3 years ago

Hi, i have been having trouble finding the reprints, especially from a seller that's willing to sell to someone internationally (Amazon Japan). I remember hearing about them a few years ago and was wanting to get my own copy. I am unsure if i am looking at the right addition or not. If anyone knows anything about them and how i can get a copy (i live in the USA), let me know!

-Nick-
Rocket Ball Champion

Re: Astro Boy Reprints

Postby -Nick- » 3 years ago

This the blu rays?

Solarcat20v2
Kokoro Robot

Postby Solarcat20v2 » 3 years ago

Not blurays, books. The reprinted books are hard to come by between availability, price, and finding a seller that's selling internationally.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 3 years ago

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 3 years ago

I used a buying service (forgot what it is called) to get UNIT #1 of the very limited edition (500 maybe 1000 copies) reprints of the original versions of the Japanese language comics. This middleman bought the thing from Amazon.co.jp, & forwarded it to me. It worked well, but was expensive.

Let me know, if you are interested, Solarcat20v2; I will find the info. :lol:

Bought Unit #2, by regularly checking to see if any seller would ship internationally. Took a while, but, worked.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 3 years ago

I found a thread that has, not only the name of the buying service, but detailed instructions on using it!

Astro Boy Gets Limited Reprint for Tezuka's 90th Birthday

:lol:

Solarcat20v2
Kokoro Robot

Postby Solarcat20v2 » 2 years ago

Thanks. I know it's been a year but i was able to finally get all of them. Thanks. Now i'm on the hunt for a copy oif some flash games i used to play on tezukaosamu.net

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 2 years ago

tALK TO US ABOUT IT, PLEASE!

Solarcat20v2
Kokoro Robot

Postby Solarcat20v2 » 2 years ago

I like them, a seller called mandarake had the whole set on eBay and also had a couple of issues of the mighty atom club that I ordered also. The reprints came with bonus content, including a newspaper reprint. I think there's only 7 units total. It's kinda tricky and a little inconvenient to have to jump between different sized books to "read" a whole story (I don't know much Japanese to read the text, I was going by pictures). I think it's neat to see how different some panels were or even a couple of whole stories being different from the dark horse English release (which I also have). I showed them to my mom, along with the mighty atom clubs. My mom wanted to see the gold key comic that she used to have when she was a lot younger back in the 60s.

I was surprised by how HUGE the units were!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 2 years ago

Yeah, I, too, thought that the switching between tiny books of 50 or 70 pages and larger magazine sized books made it difficult to figure out which to read / view 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Now they are reissuing the original Shonen (boys) magazine content in 16 volumes of 1 sized books. There is a new thread about these. I compared the 1st 2 issues with the UNITS & found them complete, even with margin text.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”