Astro Boy Reprints

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Solarcat20v2
Kokoro Robot

Re: Astro Boy Reprints

Postby Solarcat20v2 » 2 years ago

Huh, they made a different version of the reprints?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 2 years ago

ASTROBUDDY
Robot President

Postby ASTROBUDDY » 2 years ago

Speaking of Astro Boy reprints I just bought on eBay what are called: "Astro Boy Club vol.# 5 & 6.
ASTRO BOY CLUB #5.jpg
ASTRO BOY CLUB #5.jpg (137 KiB) Viewed 2415 times
ASTRO BOY CLUB #6.jpg
ASTRO BOY CLUB #6.jpg (117.54 KiB) Viewed 2415 times

I believe that these are supposed to correspond with the boxed reprint collections of the original Kobunsha Astro Boy manga, but I don't know if these were included in the boxes or sold separately. In total there were six volumes. (See image below.)
atom club reprints.jpg
atom club reprints.jpg (100.71 KiB) Viewed 2415 times

In vol. #5 there is a copy of the episode titled: "The Broadcasts from Outer Space". This two part episode appears in Dark Horse vol. # 12. The main difference is that in the Dark Horse volume the splash page for the second part is not included. (This page can be seen in the section on Astro Boy Club magazine for 11/65 in the hard cover book, "All Illustrations of Mighty Atom" aka the Astro Boy encyclopedia.)

Vol. #6 features the manga story, "The Face in the Rock" as well as the first part of the "Ti-Tan(ium)" manga. (The second part is synopsized and is not included in this volume. Also on the last pages are the covers of the twenty issues that feature Astro Boy and his clan which are spot lighted.)
So if any one has more knowledge of these volumes please let me know.--Astrobuddy

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 2 years ago

Solarcat20v2 wrote:Hi, i have been having trouble finding the reprints, especially from a seller that's willing to sell to someone internationally (Amazon Japan). I remember hearing about them a few years ago and was wanting to get my own copy. I am unsure if i am looking at the right addition or not. If anyone knows anything about them and how i can get a copy (i live in the USA), let me know!

Amazon has some of them but I don't think it is all of them.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=astro+boy+ma ... _sb_noss_1

I am sure if you hunt around you'll find it or look at your local comic book store. :heart:
And the nursery and Paradise Estate didn't really collapse. The moon's made of green cheese, and I'm the queen of England!"
-MLP lickety split

Solarcat20v2
Kokoro Robot

Postby Solarcat20v2 » 2 years ago

I got all 23 volumes of the dark horse ones, the units and now i'm trying to get all mighty atom clubs, along with now comics and gold key. Now i know who beat me to the mighty atom club reprints :doh: :lol:

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. :) i'll keep looking.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 2 years ago

Oh, in case I forgot, both CD Japan & amazon.jp.co are selling manga reprints of the ORIGINAL VERSION manga. I recall discussing this somewhere, though. So far, volumes 1 through 5 have been released. ^ has already shipped, & I should receive it soon. Volume 7 is available for pre-order on Amazon.jp.co

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”