Ultraman Connection In Astro Boy 2003

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
BBally
Metro City Citizen

Ultraman Connection In Astro Boy 2003

Postby BBally » 2 years ago

I just found out the 2003 Astro Boy anime had many of its creative crew have major experience working on the Heisei and Reiwa eras Ultraman shows including Tiga, Dyna, Gaia, Nexus, Mebius, Ginga, X, Orb, R/B and Taiga. The anime's director himself, Konaka Kazuya was the director of several Ultraman films, Ultraman Zearth 2, Ultraman Tiga & Ultraman Dyna: Warriors of the Star of Light, Ultraman Tiga & Ultraman Dyna & Ultraman Gaia: Battle in Hyperspace, Ultraman The Next and Ultraman Mebius & Ultra Brothers. The rest of the crew were screenwriters Hirotoshi Kobayashi, Kenji Konuta and Ai Ohta.

As if I needed another excuse to love this anime, Astro Boy 2003 was already my all time favorite Anime but knowing there's a major connection to the Ultra Series makes me like it even more.

In a way, it fits as both Astro Boy and the Ultraman franchise share the same common theme of unity and coming together for a better future. Also, I always argued that both Astro Boy and Ultraman are better fits as "Japan's answer to Superman" in terms of cultural legacy and themes than Goku.
Badre El Amir Bally

Genshi-san
Metro City Citizen

Re: Ultraman Connection In Astro Boy 2003

Postby Genshi-san » 2 years ago

Kamen Rider V3 (Though in the colours of Ichigo) Shows up in an episode too, as a background robot along with the robot from tezuka's Phoenix 2772

BBally
Metro City Citizen

Re: Ultraman Connection In Astro Boy 2003

Postby BBally » 2 years ago

One of the writers was also Keiichi Hasegawa who written the script for Superior Ultraman 8 Brothers.
Badre El Amir Bally

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”