Astro Boy merchandising in your country

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Tobietta
Kokoro Robot

Astro Boy merchandising in your country

Postby Tobietta » 1 year ago

As I said in my presentation, unfortunately in Italy, in terms of merchandising linked to Astro Boy, there is very little or nothing. What I have is all purchased online, but I would like to understand if this difficulty in finding products is also in your countries. I am referring, more than anything else, to comic fairs or comic shops. At the last comic fair I attended, for example, I only found a "gold banknote" dedicated to Astro ... I went around ALL the stands, but the cosmic nothing. In Italy it is very easy to find products on: Doraemon, Dragon ball, Studio Ghibli, Naruto, One Piece, Pokemon, Digimon, Sailor Moon ... but about Osamu Tezuka it's a tragedy! And to think that Astro Boy was the first anime that paved the way for everyone else! Let me know how the situation is in your part, thanks!

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Re: Astro Boy merchandising in your country

Postby fafner » 1 year ago

Mostly the same here in Luxembourg. I can get books though if I ask specifically for them, that's how I got Urasawa's Pluto by ordering it at a local library.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Re: Astro Boy merchandising in your country

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 1 year ago

there hasn't been a serious merchandising of Astro Boy in America since around 2004.These days you still though get the occasional vinyl figure collectable. We've had the manga released a couple of times too.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”