Pluto anime discussion

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Shiyonasan
Administrator

Pluto anime discussion

Postby Shiyonasan » 1 year ago

All 8 episodes of the Pluto anime were released on October 26, 2023.

Cast list:

Shinshū Fuji as Gesicht
Yōko Hikasa as Atom
Minori Suzuki as Uran

Hiroki Yasumoto as Montblanc
Koichi Yamadera as North No. 2
Hideyuki Tanaka as Brau 1589
Hidenobu Kiuchi as Brando
Rikiya Koyama as Hercules
Mamoru Miyano as Epsilon
Toshihiko Seki as Pluto

Eizou Tsuda as Dr. Tenma
Toshio Furukawa as Dr. Ochanomizu

Staff:

Director: Toshio Kawaguchi
Character Design/Animation Director: Shigeru Fujita
Original creator: Naoki Urasawa, Osamu Tezuka
Sound Director: Masafumi Mima
Storyboard: Hiroyuki Okiura
Music: Yugo Kanno
Animation Production: Studio M2
Production Producer: Genco

Anime News Network announcement

Netflix Anime wrote:Naoki Urasawa x Osamu Tezuka
"PLUTO" winner of manga awards around the world, finally gets its first animated adaptation!
Take a sneak peek at this globally anticipated work!

Anime News Network wrote:Netflix Confirms Pluto Anime Series in 2023 With Sneak Peek Video

Shinshū Fuji, Yōko Hikasa, Minori Suzuki star in Astro Boy world's reimagining by M2

Netflix confirmed in a "sneak peek" video on Tuesday that it will present the animated series of Naoki Urasawa's Pluto manga this year, and it also confirmed the project's studio and main Japanese voice cast[.]

The Japanese cast members are:

Shinshū Fuji as Gesicht
Yōko Hikasa as Atom
Minori Suzuki as Uran

GENCO is still producing the series with animation production by M2.

In a quote provided by Netflix, Urasawa said, “I applaud the courage of everyone that has taken on the challenge of making an anime based on PLUTO. I am excited about the birth of this new series to win over people's hearts. I hope that now more than ever, Osamu Tezuka's message reaches the world.” Co-author Takashi Nagasaki added, “PLUTO inherits the philosophy of Tezuka and does not merely convey a message of anti-war, but reminds us that there is suffering on both sides… but still, the only remaining answer is peace.” Supervisor Macoto Tezka, a son of the late Osamu Tezuka, said, “The animated PLUTO is the real deal, and in addition to this being Urasawa's latest work, this is also a new Tezuka anime. I can hardly wait to see how this new generation of anime turns out.”

The Pluto manga is Urasawa and producer Takashi Nagasaki's seinen drama re-imagining of the world depicted in Osamu Tezuka's manga Astro Boy. The series ran in Shogakukan's Big Comic Original magazine from 2003 to 2009, and it has eight compiled book volumes. The manga has been translated and published in 20 countries including France and the United States. Viz Media, which released the manga in North America, describes the story:

In a distant future where sentient humanoid robots pass for human, someone or something is out to destroy the seven great robots of the world. Europol's top detective Gesicht is assigned to investigate these mysterious robot serial murders - the only catch is that he himself is one of the seven targets.

GENCO's booth at the MIFA film market at the 2017 Annecy International Animation Film Festival had listed that the manga was getting an anime adaptation, but the anime was not officially announced at the time. According to GENCO then, Studio M2 was producing the anime. Masao Maruyama, who is the representative director at M2, served as producer for anime adaptations of Urasawa's Monster, Master Keaton, and Yawara! manga when he worked at Madhouse Studios.

[...]

All discussion of the 2023 anime adaptation of the Pluto manga goes in this thread!

Tetsuwan Penguin
Robot Revolutionary

Re: Pluto anime discussion

Postby Tetsuwan Penguin » 1 year ago

Gesicht appears a bit different than I remember from the Manga.
Now that Netflicks has started to crack down on sharing of accounts, I may have to subscribe to them instead of sharing my daughter's access, though the only thing I was watching on Netflicks recently was Yugi-Oh!
[sigpic][/sigpic]Image

:tenma: I'm on Fanfiction.net as Tetsuwan Penguin. Please check out some of the other stories I've written! ;)
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4672860/Tetsuwan-Penguin

I can also be found on Deviant Art http://tetsuwanpenguin.deviantart.com/

My home page
http://scharkalvin.weebly.com/about-me.html

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 1 year ago

So hyped for this!!! :w00t:

-Nick-
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby -Nick- » 1 year ago

It looks great, cant wait to see it.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 1 year ago

Just watched the trailer (topmost link); so now Gesicht flies? Hmmmm.

While the manga was eight volumes, the chapters were very many. Obviously, some, if not much content will be dropped; though the series could be very long. Admittedly, I have very few manga except Mighty Atom, and I am not at all familiar with the process of animating a manga series. As I recall, PLUTO has about 30 chapters. Quite reasonable that there might be that many episodes in the series. NF being the 'channel' even more likely. Such a popular manga would very likely become an equally popular anime.

Except for the last sentence in the previous paragraph, most will likely be considered BS. My apologies for wasting your time. :P

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 1 year ago

A new visual was just unveiled at the AnimeJapan 2023 convention:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 11 months ago

:) I am waiting!

Bluebell1995
Kokoro Robot

Postby Bluebell1995 » 9 months ago

Wow, it's been a while since I last posted on the forum! The PLUTO anime trailer looks fantastic - anyone knows when it'll be available? (I know it's this year, but I don't know the release date.)

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 8 months ago

A new trailer has been unveiled and we now have a release date! October 26, 2023.

PLUTO | Official Teaser | Netflix

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 8 months ago

Love the trailer; youtube followed it with some SPEED RACER stuff!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”