New Forums!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Mark
Administrator

New Forums! Please read!

Postby Mark » 18 years ago

Hey guys,

As a result of our little "incident" the other day, I've decided it was finally time I got around to upgrading the forum software, so here we are!

If you had an account on the old forums, it should still be active here. If you find you cannot log in, click here to request a new password. If this still doesn't help, shoot me an email and we'll try and get you sorted :)

I'm trying to keep the overall look and feel of the forum the same, but you'll notice a few changes here and there. What I'd like to hear is any suggestions you folks might have for the new forums, as well as any problems you might come accross while using them. If there is anything you'd like to ask, please post it in this thread and I'll do what I can to help :cool:

Things I already know about:
  • "My signature is broken/missing!"
    This is a result of the importing process from the old forum package. Our old forums did things a little differently than these new fandangled ones, so you may notice the odd HTML appearing in you sig. If this is the case, you can simply hop into your control panel and fix up your signature.

• "The GD forum is still missing topics!"
    Update: All GD topics have been restored.

• "Some of the images look weird!"
    I'll be fixing these over time as I come across them, I wanted to get the new forums open ASAP and didn't see the sense in holding off because a few images looked odd.
Last edited by Mark on Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 18 years ago

I had a check in my control panel, especially the options and the private messages. It seems that it is not possible to have an avatar anymore (at least for now). This is not a big issue, but I also saw that now, all private messages are rejected by default (at least it is the case for me at it was not before). This one may cause a few issues...

Edit: Oh, I had almost forgot... I had very old private messages coming back from the dead :wacko: Yes, I know there are backups involved, meaning that old things may come back, but some of them I had deleted more than 1 year ago ;)
Last edited by fafner on Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: update
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Mark
Administrator

Postby Mark » 18 years ago

Ok custom Avatars should be available again. I disabled avatar uploads but it doesn't seem like vBulletin has an option for linking to an avatar. Long story short, you can now all upload your own custom avatars :)

I'll check out the PM settings too, it's supposed to be on by default. Hmmm.
Edit: Wow, that was easy. The guys behind vBulletin thought of everything! :)
Last edited by Mark on Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

1magus
Robot President

Postby 1magus » 18 years ago

Cool new forums.

1magus
Robot President

Postby 1magus » 18 years ago

That was weird after I made a post in the off topic section it auto logged me out is this a bug?

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

What happened to the original "Caption the picture game" thread? Did the guy from vBulletin thought it was a duplicate? :confused: Because it's gone. I had started a new one because I thought the other one was gone for good. :( I apologize if my initiative is the cause of its disappearance...

I also have a lot of private messages! LOL!

Mark, thanks for everything!!! You only have to take a look at my post count to understand how much I love your forum! :D

Oh my, we can't have more than 4 or 5 images in our posts now, including smilies. :eek:
Last edited by Astro Forever on Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astro Forever
Administrator

I suggest deleting these threads:
http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2930
http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2931

I had started them because the old ones had been deleted, but they are back and now it's duplicate information, aside from two funny jokes that could easily be reposted! :D

I also noticed we couldn't use animated gifs as avatars. :(

Finally, it would be nice if we could post more than 4 images in each post... mainly because this include smilies! :p If we quote a message that already had 4, it means we can't add any in our own message.

Speaking of smilies, it would be cool if we had more choice.

crazyd2000
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby crazyd2000 » 18 years ago

Mark, Thanks alot. By the way if you see someone who posted the astroboy 80s lyrics, Those are correct. That man has an original copy :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

Astro forever wrote:I suggest deleting these threads:
http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2930
http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2931

I had started them because the old ones had been deleted, but they are back and now it's duplicate information, aside from two funny jokes that could easily be reposted! :D

I do not think the archive threads support image tags. Hence, the old Caption ... game will not work, unless it is resored to the normal area & the tags are also restored. :(

Astro Forever
Administrator

jeffbert wrote:I do not think the archive threads support image tags. Hence, the old Caption ... game will not work, unless it is resored to the normal area & the tags are also restored. :(

But the original threads for these are not in the archives, they still are on the forum. :)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”