New AstroBoy Anime

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 21 years ago

:wahah: I found out more about the Astro Boy series and movie in the United States. Here is a link form my local paper. I cannot wait for the series to come out. I will be buying some high quility tapes to record it. :wahah: http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20030429/1011899.asp

wicked fierce
Metro City Citizen

Postby wicked fierce » 21 years ago

Ok. I don't know if it's against the rules, but does someone know if there is a group that is fansubbing this?

Marisa
Kokoro Robot

Postby Marisa » 21 years ago

You'll find the fansubs on KaZaA!

Okay, to tell the truth, I don't know. But I'm friends with a group of fansubbers and I'll see if I can convince them to do it.

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 21 years ago

:wacko: I'm just curious, what is a fansubber?

wicked fierce
Metro City Citizen

lol kazaa. There's nothing new on kazaa. I was on there today.

I did however find some episodes of the 80s version. Glad to have gotten those. I also found the first episode of the 60s astroboy. Very nice. This is the first time I've seen something other than Ep1 (80s) since I started looking for Astroboy last year some time.

A fansubber is someone who translates japanese to English subtitles. At least that's all I think they are

Nannou
Kokoro Robot

Postby Nannou » 21 years ago

Hello,

Here is another article I came across (though it is not vary helpful or informative…)
They keep jerking us around… :angry:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&...v&id=1808461949
"READY TO THROW DOWN"

tokyo21
Kokoro Robot

Postby tokyo21 » 21 years ago

:huh: Well, unfortunately this movie thing is starting to sound very bad, I think that is going to be hard to sell an AstroBoy movie (specially outside Japan) two years after all the hype is going on (this year). And there is no info about the director or anything... I hope that they don't end up making the same mistake that the american Godzilla.

wicked fierce
Metro City Citizen

Same here. I hope they dont' screw it up.

It is coming out next year. Hopefully the new series will kick ass, and people will love Astroboy. If that happens, the movie should do well.

Marisa
Kokoro Robot

Postby Marisa » 21 years ago

The english trailer made me sigh with relief. After all, most anime with a child for a hero have had their voices changed to something that went through puberty way too early. (You know, like Cardcaptors? And more recently, Mega Man: NT Warrior :cry: )
Astroboy is KEEPING the BOY in his name! ^___^

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”