Atom's briefs/ Uran the impostor

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 21 years ago

The Toy box in the robotic house featured in Episode 91: A Wonderful Christmas: Image.
Removing the clutter reveals:

ImageAstro Boy 30th Anniversary Series Vol. 5, order from TRSI

I did not catch that until the second viewing! :lol:

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 21 years ago

It's Jetter Mars! ;)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Yeah, like hell it is! :D

I have seen some really amusing things on second viewings of the B&W series. OK, Osamu's face on the TV that landed on the robot woman's head in the "Robot Vikings", and he as the unmasked villain in the episode with Blackjack and the time-machine were really funny, but on second viewings of the 80s series, I have noted fewer hard to catch funny things! :lol:

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

I think there are quite a few, I'll post pictures when I get myself organised.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Looking forward to it, thanks! B)

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

This is a picture from The Time Machine:

Uran is disguised as Astro to fool the magician Gore. Not only does she have a spare pair of Astro's briefs, but his boots and head cast as well! <_< Maybe they used the time machine to borrow them from Astro in the future.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Uran is disguised as Astro to fool the magician Gore. Not only does she have a spare pair of Astro's briefs, but his boots and head cast as well!

I am certain that we mentioned this some time recently. I distinctly remember referring to the fake 'hair'... OK, it was the first post under this topic.

The color remake has Uran impersonating Atom on two occasions, both of which show her wearing Atom's briefs/Speedo/swimsuit or what ever you call it. But, no such thing exists. It is a part of his skin, it is as much an integral part of him as his pink skin itself. This is just one example of a humorous inconsistency in this series. Another is the Atom hair that she wears in the time-machine episode, not to mention the fact that they were in a time and place that would not have either item available.

Your response was
Okay, here's the deal.

1) Uran happened to have some green and black underpants that appeared identical to Astro's skin.

2) The Atom Hair was produced from Detective Rock's time machine. He has a replicator on board.

3) After Kathy gave him the boots, he went swimming with them on. The colour ran and stained his legs permanently red. The rest of the series he wasn't actually wearing any boots.

Okay so maybe those answers don't hold water!

:D I think a good product would be Astro[boy/girl] "Hair" bicycle helmets for kids.

Back to the mysterious and convenient appearance of the items: Many cartoon characters from Bugs Bunny to Woody Woodpecker have the ability to merely reach behind their backs and produce items ranging from mallets to dynamite (already lit). While these characters are usually comical while Atom is only sometimes comical, he and others in his show must possess this ability to a certain extent... This BullSh-- reminds me of an article in National Lampoon about Wyle E. Coyote's law suit against the Acme Corporation because none of the products he ever bought worked as advertised. An entire page of BS led up to the conclusion that all those products had disclaimers clearly indicating their ineffectiveness against Road Runners. :P

jeffbert
Minister of Science

(Image no longer present)
Note how there is no sign of Uran's own spikes/curls! Where did they go?
They are in different locations than big brother's cowlicks! :D
Last edited by jeffbert on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loüßëãr
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Loüßëãr » 21 years ago

I dont know if this has been mentioned but there was an episode where Astro damages his head (crumpled his hair at the back) and he replaced it with another set of hair. I am assuming Uran has the same ability too. Maybe the hairstyles are interchangeable( I know she has a bit smaller head but if robots cat talk like humans maybe they have resizable hair ;) )

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I am sure Dr. Frag posted a picture of Atom wearing a new noggin, and mama-san holding his old dented head. But, after searching for 20 minutes, I cannot find it. :cry:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”