FTP server

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 20 years ago

I got also a sentiment-attack with those episodes, but I had already got one with the english ones I already had downloaded before, so it was easier ;) Maybe I am getting too old for this :P
Hey Anapan, have I already thanked you for your FTP site ? You almost killed me with your tons of episodes :D
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 20 years ago

I got the french episodes mostly from Emule, and the rest were from Kazaa.

Danny
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Danny » 20 years ago

I Can Not FRIKKIN believe this.. I FINALLY get ADSL, and my PC refuses to connect to Anapan!!!

:cry:

I open the link from the first post in the thread, delete the HTTP at the beginning.. and then it sits there crunching for like 10 minutes(!! ;) before causig an error and CLOSING

One of the main resons I GOT ADSL in the FIRST PLACE was to download the Japaneese Astroboy eps (raw or Fansubbed).. and its not working!!

The irony was, when I was on 56k I would go to the site all the time just to see what was there withought a problem. Now I can actually download them its not working!

three and a half years.. for what?

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 20 years ago

Hey Danny, Try a program called FlashFXP..it may work better than your browser.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

Try using Overnet. I used both that and previously, eDonkey, and usually download ATOM eps within a few hours, or days at the most. I have all 50, and got them by that method.

I assume you are using an FTP application to download from Anapan. Its probably something you already tried, but doublecheck the URLs you enter, and make sure that the FTP app does not alter them. I have not used an FTP app since I had my own webpages, and have since forgotten the details of using them. I have downloaded stuff from Anapan using the Opera browser, but must have only that one window open within Opera. However, sometimes the download rate is so low, it indicates zero. I just try again later. :lol: The data rate is usually 30 - 40 KB/s, and the eps dowload in just two hours. :D

Danny
Rocket Ball Champion

This issue is not the browser, as I mentioned I could connect to the FTP without a hitch when on 56k. Its only since I got ADSL (all of 3 days ago) that it refuses to connect.

I will try find that program and give it a go tho.

I have never used FTP before and with my mind the way it is, its rather hard for me to 'learn' how to do stuff. I hope FTP is UBER EASY to learn and that it will actually connect.. otherwize I am gonna cancel my ADSL subscription >.<

Got a thing called FTP Commander I am trying to work out, withought much sucess ATM.

EDIT: 500 Connection refused (Winsock error #10061)
ok.. at least now there is something to see why it isnt connecting.. altho what that means I have no idea.

EDIT 2: FTP was useless to a 'tard like me, so tried overnet thing. Instaleld it and it says I am behond a firewall!! That may be the issue RIGHT THERE. Obviously my ADSL Modem has a built in Firewall. Now all I have to do is try to work out how to get around it.

Still not happy, but at least I am making some small progress.

Spiffy Knight
Metro City Citizen

Postby Spiffy Knight » 20 years ago

Try getting WS_FTP PRO relatively REALLY easy to use, it's what I use to connect to Anapan's FTP, and it works great, and I have DSL as well.. so it shouldn't be a problem really. And it's straight foward, email me if you have any questions about it :P

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 20 years ago

Danny, maybe me or one of my colleagues can solve your problem, I work in a firm that provides ADSL, and we regularly have people having this kind problem, maybe we could meet in a chat like MSN or IRC ? (or other if you like ;) )
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Danny
Rocket Ball Champion

Thanks guys, but as I said, I do not think it is the FTP program. Its how my Modem works apparently. It has a firewall in it or something that I just simply cannot work out.

And here is the icing on the cake.. K++ AND overnet are running at reduced capasity ALSO due to the modem, and the speeds I am getting on them are SLOWER than what I got on dialup.

I really can't believe this.

The only IM I have is Yahoo. I will not use MSN as I cannot control its integration (I hate Microsoft) and ICQ seems to hate my machine and keeps crashing. If anyone feels they know their was around adsl modem firewall and or NAT and or a lot of other acronyms that just give me a headache, please feel free to harass me there.

Username HeDanny

Just let me know its you or I may not answer heh..

Xenomage
Metro City Citizen

Postby Xenomage » 20 years ago

Modem with built in firewall that you cant adjust? I dunno... You dont have any software firewalls running or routers hooked up?
Anyway, I never understood what the point of a firewall was unless you house sensitive corporate information on your pc. I dont use one and have never had any problems (I use k++ and overnet too). I mean whats someone gonna do, steal my credit card number? take over my computer? oh no! Other than that (which isnt a big deal) theres really no point in firewalling a personal use pc (is there? correct me if Im wrong). By the way I actually worked for microsoft tech support (yes microsoft really does suck) so I know a bit about how this stuff works. All a firewall has ever done was cause me hassle...

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”