FTP server

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 21 years ago

Hey all, I just gathered up all the Astroboy stuff I've collected off the net for years, and put it on my FTP.

You can browse through it with your web browser by following this link (copy & paste it to a new window):
FTP://ast:ast@142.179.63.219:6872/

It can also be accessed by an FTP client if you set it up with this information:
Address: 142.179.63.219
Port: 6872
User: ast
Pass: ast
(you might have to enable PASF/Passive mode to get the directories to list)

Since it's running off my harddrive and I have unlimited bandwidth on ADSL I'd be happy to host any other media any of you might want to share.

*IMPORTNT*
I've set it up so you can only connect 4 times from the same computer at once, so if you're using Getright or another download manager to download episodes (which I reccomend for modem users) set it to only get 4 or less segments at once, and also set the retry time to something like 30 seconds, otherwise your constant reconnecting may be seen as an attack which will cause you problems when trying to download.

BTW, grab atom.mov from the video_clips directory for a good laugh :)

Edit:
Oh yeah, in the eps directory, the file "Astroboy 01 - The Birth of Astro (80s raw with jap sub).avi" is my own encode, and I can easily encode any other episode from the series like that from my Video CD set. If anyone wants an episode done, just ask.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 21 years ago

Thanks.
:)

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

That's awesome! I have 6 gigs free right now, but that's just because I've been on Bit Torrent alot this week. I usually keep about 40 gigs free.

tricky_astral
Kokoro Robot

Postby tricky_astral » 21 years ago

hey thankyou for your help today and for the info

hopefully if all goes well you should hear from me again soon

jeffbert
Minister of Science

How much disk space do you have? I have 15 or so episodes that I'd be happy to send you, but they take up about 1.5gb of space.

Of which series? I have everything that has thus far been restored from the 60s English dub. My sole interest is the newest (current) one. Ok, I would also like 27-52 of the 80s with Japanese and English subs, but I do not believe these even exist.

I can hold 2 Gigabytes.

;)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I hate to be a stick in the mud, but I have no interset in digitizing any episodes. You can buy them in packs of 6 tapes from gleckner via eBay, reaaly cheap. If you can use the Buy now feature, you can avoid the risk of either losing or paying too much. He usually posts new sets on Sundays.

:unsure:

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

I've got a video capture card and a good VCR specifically for preserving old anime and cartoons (anybody interested in Inspector Gadget?), and it looks like I'm gonna be here all the time. That basically means unless a good set of them turns up soon I'll just buy a set of tapes and encode them myself. Same goes for the dubbed episodes of the new series and if I can find it again, that episode of Jet Mars.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”