Astro coming to Kids WB

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Triple
Kokoro Robot

Postby Triple » 20 years ago

I've seen the new episode DVDs being sold in a few stores around Sydney for a while now. I'm pretty sure they were legit, but I always wondered why they came out before the actual series was put on air, in addition to being released before the older series were put out on DVD ~ (I'm being logical, aren't I?) :blink: :unsure:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

So, does this mean they arn't any good? I've bought pirated Sailor Moon videos and they've come out alright. Also, I figured the english and chinese subtitles were just something they had on japanese DVDs kinda like how ours almost always have spanish and french.

No, it means that you can be prosecuted for buying pirated video. I myself find that some subtitles are so badly translated that any scene, no matter how serious, is funny as hell because of them.

Also, I figured the english and chinese subtitles were just something they had on japanese DVDs kinda like how ours almost always have spanish and french.

The Chinese subtitles are almost surely the result of being translated in Hong Kong. If you check eBay, you will see that most of these items ship from Hong Kong, which does not participate in international anti-pirating laws.

I myself did not think they could get away with openly selling these DVDs, many of which are sold under the pirate company's name. Check this link to see some characteristics of pirated DVDs.

Pirated DVD FAQs

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”