Astro Boy

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
TSSTAA_drrgr
Kokoro Robot

Postby TSSTAA_drrgr » 20 years ago

[COLOR=red][B][SIZE=7]

:wahah: Amazing never expected to see Him again.
Since the 60's I've watched that cartoon series when an adolescent. Would still dream reruns after it was off and now 40+ years later the dream reruns become a virtual and upcoming TV series.
I will not miss any of it! I'm 9 years old again!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

same here, but I really miss the cuteness of the B&W series. The newest one has no physical humor, no sight-gags,

Lamp was in one episode, but no candle on his head,

no Hyoutan-Tsugi, Image. The only cute thing other than the kids, is the design of the police cars.

This new series has really nothing in common with its manga predecessors. :cry:

Nevertheless, I still enjoy it greatly.

:D

dennis_ian
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby dennis_ian » 20 years ago

long live astroboy....

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Let us have a moment of silence for Jetter Mars. :cry:

Somewhere in this forum, maybe Dr. Frag knows where, is a thread that discusses Jetter Mars. Duh, I found it using the search feature:

One of the two threads, in fact, the first one. I'll defer from repeating the discussion in that thread, since I have given the link.

chewyringhole
Kokoro Robot

Postby chewyringhole » 20 years ago

ASTRO BOY KICKS ASS!!!!!! :wahah: :P

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

I can't wait until the new series starts. All the kids of today who think Beyblade and Yu-Gi-Oh are so great are gonna be blown away by it.

I've seen the first couple of episodes and it really is outstanding.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I can't wait until the new series starts. All the kids of today who think Beyblade and Yu-Gi-Oh are so great are gonna be blown away by it.

I am only hopeful that the movie will cater to the fans of the B&W series, because although I enjoy the new one, it lacks

1. manga-style humor ('humour' for you mates down under)
2. machine guns in his tail (are far more fun and funny than the super destructo beam in his left arm).
3. Floodlights in his eyes (are also cuter than "x-ray vision").
4. cute style refuelling (it is far more funny than taking either energy cassettes or fuel into his heart). discussion of refuelling

If I had to choose one, I would pick manga-style humor (humour), but it would be a tough choice. :D

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

1. manga-style humor ('humour' for you mates down under)

Don't forget Canada, UK, and all the other English-speaking countries ouside USA. ;)

If you're going for cuteness, I think his behaviour makes up for this. There's a lot more emphasis on him learning like a child, as you've probably picked up from your DVDs. I just hope they do the voice acting justice.

I think gone are the golden years of the machine gun bottom. :cry:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

f you're going for cuteness, I think his behaviour makes up for this. There's a lot more emphasis on him learning like a child, as you've probably picked up from your DVDs. I just hope they do the voice acting justice.

I wholeheartidly agree with this statement, he is given a chance to be a kid in this latest version, as I mentioned elsewhere, he even engages in imaginative play pretending/ make-believing to be Peter Pan. He fidgets as he first sees people in action (1st. ep), hopping squirming, and trying to play with them. :D Nevertheless, Lamp without his candle

is not too funny. Tezuka Characters world:Lamp

Image Tezuka Characters world: Hyoutan-Tsugi AKA That Pig-thing does not lighten the mood during serious times, and the humor is entirely based upon the kids' cute bodies and actions. See the Atom's Breifs..., Technical Difficulties..., Fill her up..., Hips... or Butt... for some humorous aspects of older series.

dennis_ian
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby dennis_ian » 20 years ago

shucks....cant relate.... :cry:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”