dennis_ian
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby dennis_ian » 20 years ago

just want to say thank u...anybody know anapan personally??? :lol:

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 20 years ago

Heh, thanks.
I think the only person here I knew before joining is Mark, I'd been coming to Astroboy's homepage since it started up, and I've talked to him on ICQ a couple of times. I also posted on the old message board before it stopped working.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 20 years ago

:) Hi Anapan.
Do you have any french version of an 80's episode on your FTP site?
If so, may I download it? I'm really curious about the endings of those eps, cause
in the ones I saw in my youth, Astro always made a summary of his adventure he just went through. The summary's background melody was some kind of a 'computerized' opening-theme version (at least as far I can remember).

I would be very glad to see those once again, cause seemingly there isn't any chance at all that the TV stations in my country are going to show those eps in the far future :cry: :cry: .

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: Thank you very much for helping me out (if possible of course).
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

I downloaded a French version of Wreck Of The Titan, I'm sure there were others on his site.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Originally posted by DrFrag@ Apr 4 2004, 08:23 PM
I downloaded a French version of Wreck Of The Titan

:o Have you watched it? Can you tell me about those endings? I'm really not sure if my mind played a trick on me. :( :(
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」

- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 20 years ago

Hi Louis'74, I'm french, so I watched the french episodes when they were published in Europe. What I can remember is that Astro made a summary of the episode at the end, and each summary had one mistake the telespectator had to note and send on a postal card for a contest (no idea what you could win, I forgot that). For the music, I remember nothing.

And the last time I went to Anapan's FTP, I noticed there was some french episodes, they are in a "french" subfolder of the folder where the english episodes are. I haven't downloaded them, the majority I have are in english, and unless I can have a *lot* of french ones, I don't want to have a mix between languages :wacko:
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

No, the ending's cut off. There isn't even any closing credits. It looks like there's an additional 3 minutes of edited footage throughout the episode. There is also a brief introduction about his creation (from the first episode) that is shown before the opening credits.

The file is "Astro le petit robot - SOS Titans" and is about 40MB.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Originally posted by fafner+Apr 5 2004, 12:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fafner @ Apr 5 2004, 12:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hi Louis'74, I'm french, so I watched the french episodes when they were published in Europe. What I can remember is that Astro made a summary of the episode at the end, and each summary had one mistake the telespectator had to note and send on a postal card for a contest (no idea what you could win, I forgot that). For the music, I remember nothing.
[/b]

Hi fafner. Glad to hear from you (or better: read ;) ).
Now as you mentioned it, it all makes sense to me. I remember this TV-announcer at the
end of every episode. She'd put her hand into a big dish filled with postcards, took some
of 'em and went like: 'un, deux, trois, quattre,' etc.
At that point of time I couldn't figure out what this was all about since I only understood
a few words in french. I think the items you could've won were some Astro-comicbooks
in coloured A4 DIN size. I spotted some of them on the french ebay-site (search-word:
Astro, le petit robot).

I quite agree on your point of not wanted to have more language-versions of it, but the
french synchronization was done very well - I think the voice-actress which dubbed Astro was Flora Balzano.
However, I shout a big YAY for the english version :wahah: :wahah: :wahah: !

<!--QuoteBegin--DrFrag
@Apr 5 2004, 03:07 PM
It looks like there's an additional 3 minutes of edited footage throughout the episode.[/quote]

That footage may be the summary. Obviously this was done especially for that competition.
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」

- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 20 years ago

Now I remember something like that ! Just by exchanging some words, all is coming back :D
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”