How did you discover Astro Boy?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 20 years ago

I vaguely remember the 60's version. I never did see the 80's version until I bought some of the tapes. One of the strongest memories was at the opening song where Astro knocks the row of bad guys down and then catches them in the cage.

masaki22
Metro City Citizen

Postby masaki22 » 20 years ago

i found out about it wen i heard the game was being released on playstation2 and GBA

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

Originally posted by Louis'74@Feb 10 2004, 06:50 AM
it was on a
french TV-Channel called TF1 around 1986 to '87.

What country are you in? France? Canada? Somewhere else?

Anyway, welcome!

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 20 years ago

Originally posted by DrFrag@ Feb 12 2004, 12:52 AM
What country are you in? France? Canada? Somewhere else?

:) I'm from Switzerland/Europe. Right between You and Jeffbert. :lol: :lol:
(Well, at least I think it's in the middle but definitely far apart from your countries ;) )
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

dragon_child888
Metro City Citizen

Postby dragon_child888 » 20 years ago

Well, when i was younger on tv there was this advert with astro boy episodes being advertized on it and it had that old catchy song on it and when a advert came on cartoon network about astro boy coming oni just had to check it out and see what it was ^_^

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

one of the strongest memories was at the opening song where Astro knocks the row of bad guys down and then catches them in the cage.

It was rather oblidging of them to huddle together in a nice square so he could drop a cage on them that fit just perfectly! :lol:

That image was one of the few I remembered. Oh, to be a little kid again. :blink: :blink:

tawashi
Kokoro Robot

Postby tawashi » 20 years ago

When I was younger i remembered watching the 80's series on tv. Later after I saw the movie metropolis I began looking up anything on Tezuka Osamu and found out more about astro boy and his new series. :wahah:

astrogirl9
Kokoro Robot

Postby astrogirl9 » 20 years ago

I remember watchin Astro Boy when I was about 6 or 7. I LOVED it. My dad used to tease me about Astro having to replace his energy casette, I used to get so mad and upset at him about it!!! I remeber the epside Lily of Pedigro Island, I ran to the laundry and cried and cried when Astro got his head chopped off!!!

Hey Dr Frag would love to see some photos of your cake!

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

Originally posted by astrogirl9@May 10 2004, 11:30 AM
Hey Dr Frag would love to see some photos of your cake!

My photo albums are at a different house right now, but I'll try to remember to get them. It was a great cake, the picture had Astro flying and there was a candle stuck right where his leading fist was so it looked like he was holding it! :)

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 13 years ago

"Strange Wings" wrote: :) Hello there, dear people! I'm a new face in this forum and I'd like to talk about
everything astroboyish that's around.

I was about 12 when I watched this great anime the first time. it was on a
french TV-Channel called TF1 around 1986 to '87. At this time I couldn't understand
one french word but nevertheless it was my favourite animated cartoon.
I remember well the ending scenes of ev'ry episode as Astro made a summary of his
adventure :wub: . Even the opening and ending songs in french were a joy listen to.

I'm glad I've rediscovered this wonderful anime - every episode makes me feel warm
at heart :wub: :wub: .

(I hope you guys don't mind my funny english since this is not my mother tongue, but
I think you'll let me live. :D :D :lol: )

^^ This has been my first forum entry. I cherish those days... :wub:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”