How did you discover Astro Boy?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

"Gotta Love ASTRO BOY" wrote:@ Ghost: I have a friend who hates the japanese anime stile but shes always like " Oh I hate anime" and Im like " You hate animations?" and shes like "No just anime" then Im like "There the same word only ones shorter" and then she says "No anime is Japanese for animation" and thats were i normally slap my forhead and walk away. :lol: I've always loved the Japanese anime style so i guess Ill never understand her

Well, I do like the animation but the only problems I have is sometimes it is hard to tell (depending on the series and the artist) who is male and who's female. (Freeza from DBZ is one example. Along with a couple of others I can't think of right now.)

Other than the animation it's mainly the story. I think the Japanese are very good at telling stories, and they are somewhat better at story telling then Westerns are. Don't get me wrong, there is a countless number of American movies and TV shows that I like. But the Japanese always seem good at crafting a very well thought out story. That's one thing that I like about them.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

"Novacain" wrote:No, I don't think so. I went to a blockbuster and they were having a huge sale on DVD's, Astro Boy the movie being one of them. I ended up buying 3 movies of the horror genre and Astro Boy. The clerk gave me a perplexed look. I'm sure he originally assumed I was buying it for someone else but then I pulled out my Astro Boy wallet... :astro:

:lol:

When the next movie comes (I like to be positive! :tezuka: ), if your wallet is worn out, you'll have your tatoo... :D

"F-Man" wrote:I really don't get clerks giving their customers weird looks based on what they buy. I work in that field and I would never do that. In fact it's always the customers who start laughing and make comments when one of their own selection is a family feature. I keep wondering why they do that, I mean many of the best movies of all time are family features!

Interesting that some customers would do that! I would never have thought so, I'm more the kind of person to shut up and do as if there is nothing strange even if I do feel a little embarrassed inside; I don't feel that way anymore though.

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 13 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:When the next movie comes (I like to be positive! :tezuka: )

Yes, I will keep positive too!
Astro Forever wrote: if your wallet is worn out, you'll have your tatoo... :D

Think the tatt will persude the police I wasn't driving too quickly? :p

Uhhh, never mind :unsure:
Last edited by Novacain on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Perhaps not, but maybe that will convince them you have a great :heart: and you were doing it for a good cause! :D

I'm still amazed that you have an Astro Boy tatoo! :lol: How cool!

Fairlane12
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fairlane12 » 13 years ago

"Novacain" wrote:[QUOTE=Astro Forever;126969]
When the next movie comes (I like to be positive! :tezuka: )

Yes, I will keep positive too!
Astro Forever wrote: if your wallet is worn out, you'll have your tatoo... :D

Think the tatt will persude the police I wasn't driving too quickly? :p

Uhhh, never mind :unsure: [/QUOTE]

That's EPIC,I hope some one makes that to a Bumper sticker that says above the picture:I AIN'T GOIN' TOO FAST!!

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:When the next movie comes (I like to be positive! :tezuka: )

I'm too busy trying to stay positive about the Pluto movie coming out to think about that other weird Americanization. :p

By the way, its studio is still doing quite well:

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2010/DESME.php
http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Hop
Last edited by F-Man on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on Twitter.

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 13 years ago

I'M NOT GOING TOO FAST
EVERYONE ELSE IS GOING TOO SLOW.

LOL
my public downloads on my home server
my website also on my home server
facebook pm me here if you add me on facebook please.
twitter

Photar
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Photar » 13 years ago

I was 4 years old in 1982 when it appeared on the ABC in Australia and was hooked. I remember 'singing' the opening title where the only words I got right were 'astroboy, astroboy, he err rarr roo wung giggi garrrrrrr'.

Sortof like when drunk people try and sing Auld Lang Syne on New Years Eve. I seriously had to look up the lyrics for that as every shindig Ive ever been to has had the singing of it strangely comparable to the way I used to sing Astroboy.......

Oh yeah, the 'Neverending Story' title song was another one I used to nail....

'Neverending store - horey......nya nya nya nya nya nya nya nya nya'

Anyway, what was the topic of this discussion again?
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 13 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:I'm still amazed that you have an Astro Boy tatoo! :lol: How cool!
Thanks! I am very happy with it!

"t-bucket10" wrote:Image
That's EPIC,I hope some one makes that to a Bumper sticker that says above the picture:I AIN'T GOIN' TOO FAST!!

I'm on it! Next short term goal! It will go great with my " I'd rather be watching Astro Boy" novelty plate!

"Fotar" wrote:I was 4 years old in 1982 when it appeared on the ABC in Australia and was hooked. I remember 'singing' the opening title where the only words I got right were 'astroboy, astroboy, he err rarr roo wung giggi garrrrrrr'.

:lol:
That's was pretty much the same for me, I was in kindergarden and since they were half days when I got home Astro Boy was on. (Before 'The Little Prince" but sadly no one remembers that show.) :( Anyway, I didn't speak alot of english at that point either, so I pretty much sounded the way you described singing the Astro theme song.

Astro Forever
Administrator

"F-Man" wrote:I'm too busy trying to stay positive about the Pluto movie coming out to think about that other weird Americanization. :p

By the way, its studio is still doing quite well:

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2010/DESME.php
http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Hop

Oh yes, I would say a Pluto movie counts! :D Thanks for the hope! :hyo:

Novacain, you never cease to surprise me! :lol:

As for the Astro Boy theme song, I remember I could hear the words well in the opening song, but could barey understand anything in the ending one. :eek: It's always difficult to understand when sung by a chorus, even if it was a good one.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”