Happy birthday Astro !

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 20 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASTRO ! :D

Say... what is exactly the 7th April 2003 ? Is it the day Astro was built? or the day Toby was born? Because if it is the latter, it is Toby's birthday ;)

What are you going to offer him? I've got some rockets that can be used to replace his legs rockets, since I have seen him changing them only once, but maybe he won't want to change them ;) Or maybe his arms rockets, although he doesn't use them often he have never changed them.

... wait ! I don't have his address ! What I am going to do with those military-quality rockets now ? <_<
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Loüßëãr
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Loüßëãr » 20 years ago

Originally posted by fafner@Apr 7 2004, 04:36 PM
Say... what is exactly the 7th April 2003 ?.......................

well if I remember correctly it was when Astro first appeared to the public....I dont know if it was Mang or TV but thats what I remember anyway...please let me know if i'm wrong

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

The 7th April 2003 was the first time Astro appeared to the public on TV? I wonder what are those 80s and 60s episodes then :P
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Haruka-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Haruka-chan » 20 years ago

April 7th 2003 is that day that Atom was brought to life by Tenma in the manga and 60's series.

What was his birth in the 80's :angry: so tired i forgot... 2030 i think ~_~
Kimi no kokoro de, catch the future!
[url=\'http://www.suanime.org\']SUAnime[/url]

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 20 years ago

I'm kinda broke. Maybe i'll just send him a card. :unsure:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

So... you HAVE his address, don't you? You know, I really don't know what to do with my neat rockets otherwise :P

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Mdlbigcat
Metro City Citizen

Postby Mdlbigcat » 20 years ago

[FONT=Impact][COLOR=red]

Happy Birthday, ASTRO :lol: ! Did you receive my gift yet? When you do, please scratch off the "Property of the USAF" sticker on them <_< :cry: . My friend hooked me up with those really nice rockets units. They are the same rockets that power the Stealth aircraft. They ride real smooth and quiet, and don't leave a smoke trail! B)

Enjoy your PHAT gift from
Mdlbigcat :)

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

Originally posted by Haruka-chan@Apr 7 2004, 10:38 PM
What was his birth in the 80's :angry: so tired i forgot... 2030 i think ~_~

The date wasn't mentioned, and the years seemed to vary quite a bit. The Red Cat is set in the year 2031, but The Wreck of the Titan is set in 2020. And The Red Cat comes before The Wreck of the Titan in both the English and Japanese ordering of the episodes...

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

The date wasn't mentioned, and the years seemed to vary quite a bit. The Red Cat is set in the year 2031, but The Wreck of the Titan is set in 2020. And The Red Cat comes before The Wreck of the Titan in both the English and Japanese ordering of the episodes...

Ooops, somebody goofed!

Anyway, happy belated birthday to the eternal boy, which BTW, is a position also held by the Greek god Pluto. :D

In reference to the 80s series, I was about to bid on a very expensive Speed Racer DVD set, but then I found a much lower priced newly released set (1st disc only, so far), that was available on Amazon.

I think that the interest in these things is cyclical. And with the movie release sometime soon ( I hope), there should be fresh interest in Atom among Americans. Who, because they are the single culture most able to buy stuff, might even take interest in a series that had never aired in the US. It is that same generation that watched Speed Racer as children, and whose demand for the series (little doubt) inspired a second release of DVDs that should have a similar interest in Atom. :huh: I hope so, anyway.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”