Astroboy Christmas Episode now available

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 19 years ago

[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Having minored in psyc, I think I can safely state that a kid needs a real mother. Robotic arms for this little boy, Leo, I think was his (dubbed) name, just will not cut it without a body and smiling face to go with them. Ruri Hoshino of Martian Successor Nadesico, was apparently reared by video parents. I do not think that would have worked too well, either. However, in both cases, the kids were taken in by adults while still quite young.

Now, as regards beddy-bye time in the robot house, I laughed so hard I could not see, my eyes were so wet. It was just so cute that it was funny! The house not only rocked the kid to sleep, but all his animal friends, from Roger the squirrel, to the bear, all snuggled together! :lol: :lol: Not a flesh-eater among them, pure harmony. Kinda reminded me of some of the old cartoons I had seen late night on CN. All the animals lived in harmony, the Wise old owl had only the best intentions for the little squirrels. I think one particular cartoon was called Peace on Earth, it show men destroying one another in wars, all the while the animals were at peace. That one was really sad, & unrealistic. :D

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Originally posted by jeffbert@Oct 25 2004, 12:41 PM
Having minored in psyc, I think I can safely state that a kid needs a real mother. Robotic arms for this little boy, Leo, I think was his (dubbed) name, just will not cut it without a body  and smiling face to go with them. Ruri Hoshino of Martian Successor Nadesico, was apparently reared by video parents. I do not think that would have worked too well, either. However, in both cases, the kids were taken in by adults while still quite young.

Now, as regards beddy-bye time in the robot house, I laughed so hard I could not see, my eyes were so wet. It was just so cute that it was funny! The house not only rocked the kid to sleep, but all his animal friends, from Roger the squirrel, to the bear, all snuggled together!  :lol:  :lol: Not a flesh-eater among them, pure harmony. Kinda reminded me of some of the old cartoons I had seen late night on CN. All the animals lived in harmony, the Wise old owl had only the best intentions for the little squirrels. I think one particular cartoon was called [b]Peace on Earth
, it show men destroying one another in wars, all the while the animals were at peace. That one was really sad, & unrealistic. :D [/b]

Clearly you don't understand....
Tokyo Tower had seen only the $40,000,000 That Sony,Columbia had grossed in 3days.
ImageAnd Menes Reigned in the House of Astro. What Jeffbert could grasp,analyse,interpret from what he thought he could see in the house..... might in truth, turn out to be a Thespian Delusion. But the Ginza and the Love Hotels saw the Boy's face as.........
And in Bollywood the The Astro Arcade had taken hold.

There was real fear that some of the swans might bolt and try to escape into Bollywood dance forms.Image

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 19 years ago

Hey all!

:wahah: Yeah!, I recentely got that tape. Love the xmas ep. and the Dolphins in Distress ep. It was cute to see Astro playing dolphin ball with the dolphin kings son. Also there's a very dramatic scene at the end where Astro pleads with the Dolphin king not to make war with the humans, very similar to when Astro pleads with the Blue Knight in the current series. Great tape! :lol: Highly recomended!

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Originally posted by Atoman@Oct 26 2004, 12:00 PM
Hey all!

:wahah: Yeah!, I recentely got that tape. Love the xmas ep. and the [b]Dolphins in Distress
ep. It was cute to see Astro playing dolphin ball with the dolphin kings son. Also there's a very dramatic scene at the end where Astro pleads with the Dolphin king not to make war with the humans, very similar to when Astro pleads with the Blue Knight in the current series. Great tape! :lol: Highly recomended! [/b]

Yeah... Do you really read chinese? <_<

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Hey all!

Yes Cybotron, I do read a little Chinese and some Japanese, but not enough to carry on a conversation or read those fast subs on the Astro dvds, but my Astro dvds have an English sub option. :lol: Yeah I know it's a bootleg dvd, but I didn't know it at the time I ordered it, should have known there was something fishy with that "region free" thing. <_<

I feel guilty about them being bootlegs, but I seriously doubt they'll ever release Astro on dvd here in the states, in either the current, 80's or 60's series. I talked on the phone with a Right Stuf receiptionist while ordering some Astro tapes, and she said they were talking about puting the 60's Astro on dvd, but said the management there thought black and white doesn't look good on dvd. :o Huh?, What? I said "That's a bunch of bull, I've got lots of Black and White dvds from Gigantor and Mickey Mouse to the Twilight Zone. So they need to reconsider." It looks Better on dvd than video tape anyway. Ohh well at least they still make the tapes. :lol:

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Originally posted by Atoman@Oct 27 2004, 10:26 AM
Hey all!

Yes Cybotron, I do read a little Chinese and some Japanese, but not enough to carry on a conversation or read those fast subs on the Astro dvds, but my Astro dvds have an English sub option. :lol: Yeah I know it's a bootleg dvd, but I didn't know it at the time I ordered it, should have known there was something fishy with that "region free" thing. <_<

I feel guilty about them being bootlegs, but I seriously doubt they'll ever release Astro on dvd here in the states, in either the current, 80's or 60's series. I talked on the phone with a Right Stuf receiptionist while ordering some Astro tapes, and she said they were talking about puting the 60's Astro on dvd, but said the management there thought black and white doesn't look good on dvd. :o Huh?, What? I said "That's a bunch of bull, I've got lots of Black and White dvds from Gigantor and Mickey Mouse to the Twilight Zone. So they need to reconsider." It looks Better on dvd than video tape anyway. Ohh well at least they still make the tapes. :lol:

Could you go to this link and translate the Chinese Astroboy pages for us...

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

I'd love to translate it for you, but my computer didn't display the Chinese characters. instead I got some squares and computer jiberish numbers and letters like(89=4p+--88r994;'---) etc.

But, On there front image page the Chinese and Japanese characters on the images I can see. OK, the first 2 complicated red characters above Astro are Traditional pre 1945 Japanese, same as Chinese, that say Iron and Arm. put them together like that and they mean Mighty or Tetsuwan. The remaining 3 much simplier red charaters are post 1945 modern Japanese alphebetic characters that say A, to, and mu. So altogether they say Mighty Atom or Tetsuwan Atomu. Astro Boy :lol:

Of the other black characters on the botom right image near Astro's elbow, all I can translate is the character that has a vertical line through a square. It means middle or central. Sorry I can't help you more. I have a Chinese/Engligh dictionary and a Japanese/English dictionary and I learn more gradually. I also studied Chinese back in 1979 when I was 12 right after I saw Tezuka's Space Giants, and I had a friend from Taiwan help me. I simply checked out a book from the school library and learned every character in there including how to count to 10. Example 1 2 3 in Chinese is Ehh Err San, in Japanese it's Iche Ni San. It was a lot of fun. I hope to find another beginers book on Chinese and Japanese, and continue my training. I don't have time for a class though.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”