Tezuka Soundtrack

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 19 years ago

Hey all! :lol: Hope the image worked.

Just got this cool cd I ordered in the mail this weekend. This is some good music to help you escape the horrors of the Post 911 world we live in. It's the theme music to various Tezuka tv shows from the 60's and into the 70's.

Here are a list of the tracks:

1. Astro Boy
2. Goku open(yes Tezuka did the first take on Dragon Ball back in the 60's)
3. Goku close
4. ?
5. ?
6. Vampire open
7. Vampire close (Chippei's theme)
8. Kimba the White Lion
9. Kimba (Adult episodes)
10. Dororo
11. Princess Knight
12. Princess Knight March
13. Amazing 3(Wonder 3)
14. Jetter Mars open
15. Jetter Mars close
16.Microid 3
17.Space Giants(Ambassador Magma)
18.Melmo Chan

Sorry I don't know all the titles, but the liner notes are all in Japanese.
I figured most out from the pictures in the notes, on the Tezuka site, or an anime guide and memory.

:wahah: Finally, Astro Boy in the original Japanese. I recognized the Space Giants theme right away. Never saw Vampire or Dororo, but the music's so cute I want to. I've always wanted to see Princess Knight and Amazing 3 now more than ever. The cd closes with the cute and sentimental Melmo Chan, nice ending. This music is so cute and innocent. Tesuka's heart really comes through. So forget this awful world we live in and listen to this. You can get it at Towerrecords.com or Amazon.com. This put a smile on my face :lol: and the Kimba theme made me tear a little. :cry:

I wish someone would open the Tezuka flood gates in the US. There were so many good Tezuka shows. I'm sure we've flooded Japan with everything Disney. So why can't we see all his stuff. :(

Oh well, least I got this cool cd. :lol: , and I've orderd other Tezuka and Astro cds. :wahah:

otaku
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby otaku » 19 years ago

i`m so yelous you also got the princces knight theme? :o
could you make the a mp3 for me please!!!
i waas searching for that song you lucky bastard!! :lol:
ImageImage

Lisa
Metro City Citizen

Postby Lisa » 19 years ago

Wow I'd really love to get my hands on this! *_*

[url=\'http://lisatails.deviantart.com\']Gallery...[/url]

O2Destroyer
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby O2Destroyer » 19 years ago

Where did you get it? Great cover BTW.
Bombs vs. bombs, missiles vs. missiles and now a new super weapon to throw upon us all!

Haruka-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Haruka-chan » 19 years ago

Hey Astro Hobby were selling this at Animania haha....i've seen it in their store several times but have yet to buy it...So if anyone is in Sydney you can go to the Galleries Victoria and their shop should have it.
Kimi no kokoro de, catch the future!
[url=\'http://www.suanime.org\']SUAnime[/url]

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

:lol: Hey all!

Thanks for the replies. Sorry Otaku I don't have mp3 software on my computer. But there are several places you can get it online. Try Towerrecords.com or Amazon.com or Amazon.com.jp (Japan version) and CdJapan. I got mine at Amazon.com. Haruka-chan also posted a place on this thread. Good luck. Again sorry. I really wanted to send you the two Princess Knight songs. :( Better hurry folks the date on the cd is 1998 so It's old and I'm sure there's not many left.

Also Otaku, I love your picture of Knuckles and Guntz. I didn't know Knuckles had a girl freind. That's so damn cute. He needs a hug, doesn't he. I like Sonic and Amy's romances to. But I just wish he'd stop playing hard to get and give into her. :lol:

When I get knew cds I'll post about them here. I did get a nice Anime guide book that features almost all anime from 1958 to 1988. It's a newer adition in English(formaly Italian) published in 2000 so it has some dvds in it. Lots of Tezuka stuff. :wahah: He was really busy in those 30 years.

otaku
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby otaku » 19 years ago

to atoman
you are realy nice but i cant buy stuff
my dad isnt home for about 2 monts but thanks anway i`m so yelous of you :)
and yes sonic should stop ognoring amy but i geas he is only 15 so..
anyway thanks the pic is great yeah friend made it for me but guntz isnt a girl...
ImageImage

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 19 years ago

Hey Atoman, If you really want to convert those to mp3..you could use a free program called "DbpowerAmp music converter"..just a suggestion..

What does the Dororo track sound like? Try and describe it.. :P

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Hey all!

:D Sorry Otaku, I thought maybe I got the sex wrong of Guntz, but I don't know that character. Could you tell me about him? Is he a freind or relative of Knuckles?

Thanks for the mp3 suggestion EvilGenki. I'll look into that.

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

:o OOPPS! Forgot to respond to your other question EvilGenki. The Dororo song is hilarious. It has a nice bouncy rythm, like riding a horse, and has lots of traditonal Japanese instraments like Japanese drums and flutes mixed with jazzy 60's instraments like modern drums played with brushes and an upright bass. A woman sings lead imatating a little boy, probably Dororo. It's cute and catchy. :lol: I never get sick of that one.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”