anti astroboy should stop

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
otaku
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby otaku » 19 years ago

[COLOR=red]
can i say this i was in the sonic zone forum and a when i made the topic about osamu tezuka about his creations and how he died

then i got a shocking reply..

evryone who made astroboy should die!!
and i have also notice that there are no astroboy fan site fan art gallery or clubs
many people are anti astroboy this should stop!!!
ImageImage

Lisa
Metro City Citizen

Postby Lisa » 19 years ago

There may not be many english fanart sites, but there are *many* japanese ones (and of the ones I've found...about 5 were suitable for me. ie: no insane character pairings/adult material etc >_> that's the only thing I dislike about japanese fanart sites)

What do they mean about lack of clubs? I've seen ones on yahoo, and deviantart.com has a club too (although it's pretty much 'sleeping' at the moment >_> )

I thought that sonic fans would appreciate astroboy...after all they share some similarities with each other.

[url=\'http://lisatails.deviantart.com\']Gallery...[/url]

otaku
Rocket Ball Champion

alot

do you know that sonic was kind of inspred at astroboy?
ImageImage

O2Destroyer
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby O2Destroyer » 19 years ago

First, I have this feeling that anyone who's saying things like that about the creators of Astroboy probably aren't familiar with Tezuka's work. I mean, check out that thread about Tezuka's message (there's a nice expanded version of it in the prologue to the third volume of Adolf); how can you hate this message or the person who would say it or a person who gave so much of himself voluntarily.

Anyway, there is a second part to this. I concur that Astroboy doesn't even seem to be too terribly distant from the Sonic universe--at least to the extent that if the people doing the comic (not that I've read it but I've seen a fair amount of it) did a cross over, and AstroBoy appeared in its pages, it wouldn't seem too jarring to me. I mean, it seems like they would appeal to the same sorts of fans...

Oh well, I suspect the poster was just trying to get a rise out of all the Astro fans.
Bombs vs. bombs, missiles vs. missiles and now a new super weapon to throw upon us all!

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 19 years ago

:lol: Hey all!
I agree with you Otaku. The anti-Astro stuff should stop. They just don't know enough about Astro, Tezuka or his wonderful message, (Heart), which is what the world needs now. I think the main reason the Sonic forum is against Astro Boy is because Sonic is a new character, only about 10-15 years old. So the fans are probably alot younger than most of us Astro and Tezuka fans. Keep in mind that Tezuka died in 1989, so none of his shows are fresh on the minds of younger viewers, unless you live in Japan. Also the new Astro series didn't do as wall outside Japan and Asia. but Sonic did. I think the lack of exposure to Astro is a major factor. If the English language version had been shown uncut and in order and more often, like Sonic is, it might be popular now.

Also, I just got a Right Stuff catalog, but no Tezuka products, have to go to there online site to find his stuff. That's more evidence that Tezuka lacks exposure in the west except for a trickle of Astro toys and such. I'm having to order most of my Tezuka products from Japan. :( But hey, at least we all here know the truth about Astro and Tezuka's message. ;) And I think the Tezuka Company and others like Madman are paying attention to us. So maybe we'll be able to change the current situation. and open the Tezuka flood gates. :lol:

otaku
Rocket Ball Champion

hhmm you got a point there..
ImageImage

Ochanomizu
Metro City Citizen

Postby Ochanomizu » 19 years ago

really???I think only a few sonic fans is anti astro boy....I think people who love sonic also loves Atom.
I am a sonic fan and a new Astro boy fan thanks to the sonic team game ps2(but the game is not made by the true sonic team members),the firts impresion when I played the game,I didnt like it very much(I bought the japanese version) and I played and after it I searched for the new anime 2003 because I loved the opening sequence and after saw some chapters I am Atom-fan now and I LOVE ASTRO BOY,I bought the original Tezuka manga(now in Spain last manga released is 7( of 23 I think..)and I am searching for merchandising etc...

So I love Sonic & Atom.My deviantart:

http://ayamepso.deviantart.com/

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 19 years ago

Hi Guys and Gals!

:o Hmmm, looks like I've got some appologizing to do.

:D Sorry Ochanomizu, I didn't mean all Sonic fans hate Astro, just the ones who badgered Otaku on the Sonic forum. ;) I bet Otaku is glad to hear of one Sonic fan who likes Astro. :lol:

Ochanomizu
Metro City Citizen

Postby Ochanomizu » 19 years ago

yes,I think so too ;)
But Sonic fans also must love Atom :lol: :lol: :lol:
I´m glad to meet Atom-Sonic fan too :D

otaku
Rocket Ball Champion

yes i`m glad
ImageImage

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”