Postby Atoman » 19 years ago

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

:lol: Went back and corrected the urls.

Haruka-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Haruka-chan » 19 years ago

Hmmm i think its because of their image policy. You can save them for your own personal use but not put them up on websites or steal their bandwidth. They might have some linking protection on their site. Try uploading to something like photobucket then posting or just give the urls that have the pictures and dont link them.

EDIT: Then again are you sure you got the URL right? :o I tried just pasting it into a new window and it said that the file couldn't be found on the server. Maybe you are missing a directory after the server name in the URL
Kimi no kokoro de, catch the future!
[url=\'http://www.suanime.org\']SUAnime[/url]

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 19 years ago

I did some tests too and also tried to fake the referer (the location from where the browser is supposed to download the image), and there is still a 404 not found error. The URL I tried (the first one) has certainly an error in it.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Again, corrected it. ;)

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

This is a cover for dvd box 1 from amazon.jp. I have this and box 2, the complete series. :lol:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Atoman@Oct 30 2004, 07:12 PM
<_< Ohh well, I give up. I just tried tinkering with the address again. I did leave off an l originally, but it still doesn't work. Must be blocked. I don't know why though. We're not making money off them and piraters can easily save the pics from there site. Plus I'd like to think that posting those pics. here is like free advertising for them. We'd help spread the popularity of Princess Knight outside Japan so maybe they could make more money on her products overseas.

It is not about rights of diffusion, it is about bandwidth. If someone put the link on his/her homepage, a visitor takes a small bandwidth for the page, and much more for the image. However the owner of the image benefits much less than the one linking to the image. They pay for a bandwidth that does not profit them much. Imagine thousands of fans around the world linking to the images of Tezuka site, how much bandwidth do you think that will cost them ? ;) That is why many web admins see the linking of an image from another site page as bandwidth stealing, and thus prevent images from being downloaded if the page refering to them is from another site.
I hope I haven't been too much confusing :D
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Thanks for the info Fafner. From now on I'll only post images from my pics file, if I can figure out how to do that. I have all those images saved in my pics file, but they have no URL address, just the names I made up for them.

Every time I click on the IMG botton, my only option is to type the URL address.
How do you post images here?

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 19 years ago

I suggest http://www.photobucket.com/. The most members here use it (including me ;) ), it's free and gives you plenty of space to upload your pics.

Once you have your pics uploaded to that site, simply copy the URL below the respective pic and paste it in the forum's IMG tag bar.
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”