Some animated Astro-GIFs

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jarvic
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jarvic » 19 years ago

Originally posted by fafner+Jan 18 2005, 12:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fafner @ Jan 18 2005, 12:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jarvic@Jan 17 2005, 06:37 AM
Did you notice Atlas was blue in that preview?

Only blue? They completely change him :o
[/b][/quote]
At least he still has those lines going down the sides of his face. And look, he's wearing a wristwatch! :lol:

Mimi from Rainbow Canyon was changed too. (I think the new version used in the series was better though IMO.)

Too bad they didn't keep in O'Shay's "rotating office". That was neat. I think it could have easily been kept in, just change the background. The MoS builing is the same... (should start a new thread about this, this is supposed to be animated gifs)

J

jarvic
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jarvic » 19 years ago

Originally posted by jeffbert@Jan 18 2005, 02:18 PM
Here is a link to a thread that gives links to both streaming & downloadable w_astroboy_1000k.wmv :lol:

"Downloadable" link doesn't work. :( Does anyone know how I can get past that ASX file, I'd like to d/l the big WMP version to my HD. :unsure:

J

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Originally posted by jarvic+Jan 19 2005, 08:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jarvic @ Jan 19 2005, 08:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--jeffbert@Jan 18 2005, 02:18 PM
Here is a link to a thread that gives links to both streaming & downloadable  w_astroboy_1000k.wmv :lol:

"Downloadable" link doesn't work. :( Does anyone know how I can get past that ASX file, I'd like to d/l the big WMP version to my HD. :unsure:

J[/b][/quote]
What a rip-off!

Try this one: Bablefish translation of astroboy.jp trailer page.

Oops, none of these will download. The Real player is the only one that I can get to work, but it will not download. My copy is nearly 32MB, I woul upload it, but I really do not want to get in trouble with my service provider for excess bandwidth usage.

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 19 years ago

:wahah: WOW!, I just watched that preview, and I'm starting to think maybe that footage was what they intended to be the Astro movie that they've been working on and off for years, and maybe they just re-did everything for the series. It's to bad they didn't stick with those English voices on the preview. Astro's voice was perfect, the same cute high-pitched voice as the original Japanese. :lol: Don't know why they hired a new English cast, should have stuck with that one.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Atoman@Jan 20 2005, 06:07 PM
It's to bad they didn't stick with those English voices on the preview.  Astro's voice was perfect, the same cute high-pitched voice as the original Japanese. :lol:  Don't know why they hired a new English cast, should have stuck with that one.

I agree totally!

For downloading streaming media, I strongly recommend Net Transport. It's free, extremely powerful, easy to use, and not in-your-face. (registered version supports SSL/SSH)
It includes browser integration (into IE anyway), so you just right-click on the link and select Download By Net Transport. It'll download the ASX file, then automatically read the contents and download the WMV file. Also handles RealPlayer and Quicktime stuff. Batch downloading, multiple segments, resuming, pausing, throttling, ftp, the works. One of the most useful and best designed programmes I have on my PC.

Another cool feature is right-click and Download All By Net Transport. It shows a list of every page component and link, and you can select/deselect each one or based on filetype. So you can easily get all the episode previews too.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 19 years ago

「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 19 years ago

Thanks Strange Wings, those are so damn cute.
Astro flaping his arms like a bird is too cute. :lol: and the Astro/Tobio gif, what can I say but AWWW!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Strange Wings@Jan 21 2005, 12:02 PM
Image Image

Thanks! :lol:

wicked fierce
Metro City Citizen

Postby wicked fierce » 19 years ago

Can you animate the scene where Atlas grabs Astro by the neck? Or even the part where he throws him to the ground.

I think it's from the Japanese 80s first or second episode. The one where Atlas is young.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Strange Wings@Jan 21 2005, 06:02 PM

After learning how to extract audio from a divx, I learned how to extract an animated GIF without effort. I can't wait to show off and put the following of Astro's crash :P
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”