Collection of Astro Boy quotes

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 19 years ago

Astro = robot
Robocop = cyborg

Here's a great quote from the first episode, when he was still learning...

Dr Boynton: Say you're sorry!
Astroboy: You're sorry.
:lol:

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

A few good ones from Atlas Forever, my favourite episode.

KILI: This is the super megaton cannon. I developed it myself. It'll have a tremendous destructive effect on Atlas's omega factor.
ASTOBOY: What will it do to him?
KILI: It'll avenge my brother's death.

ASTRO: Where am I?
ELEFUN: A rescue centre near the UN building. We're safe now, but seventy percent of the city has been destroyed. There's been terrible damage, not only here, but all over the world. But with your help, the defence force has been able to hold off the first squadron.
ASTRO: Dr Elefun, what's going to happen to us?
ELEFUN: Well, the world leaders are all still in conference. But they decided we should put all our efforts together to save the Earth from destruction. They didn't say how to do that.

LIVIAN: Atlas, if your brother were a human he would have shed tears.

ATLAS: Astro, you stop here. I'll show them the power I've never shown you. If we come out of this, we'll meet again as brothers.
ASTRO: Atlas!
ATLAS: I don't know if your friends could ever be mine, but one thing I know. We were made from the same mold. You're my brother. If I live, I'll leave you, and the Earth, in peace.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 19 years ago

This is my favourite Daddy Walrus quote, featuring in the ep 'Uran's Twin':

Astro and Daddy Walrus at the roboting match.

Astro: "Woow, this stadium is huge!"
Daddy Walrus: "Now remember, we are only here to look for Uran".

(after a while has passed)

Daddy Walrus: "That's it! Give it to him!!"
Astro: "Sir!"
Daddy Walrus: "Well, er... I'm..."

:lol:
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Ok, here is a quote that was apparently edited out even in the Japanese language version. It is from the very last episode in the 80s series, which was "Atom's first love." Atom is rumored to have said at the very end of the episode, "I'll be back." :D :P

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Atoman@Jan 9 2005, 02:01 AM
Yes Strange Wings, In the manga, and 60's and 80's anime versions of Astro It is only hinted at, so you're left to make your own conclusions on how Astro managed to have Tobio's persona. But in the current version it is explained in detail about how Dr. Tenma scientifically transfered both Tobio's and Daichi's personas into Astro and Atlas. Just like in Robo Cop. Hey, it could happen someday. ;)

Eimi-chan (in background) was also a robotic replacement for a human. I know I have seen another such android character recently. I do not remeber whether she had the same type of deal with identity, though.

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 19 years ago

"I'll be back"

Tezuka probably cut it out later because he either didn't have money to make more eps. or he just moved on to another show, and since he was always working on multiple projects, including his manga, he probably didn't have the time either. I always felt that the 80's series ended unresolved, but I shouldn't complain. At least Astro didn't die(or not come back)like in the 60's. :(

Also, let me correct my comparison of Astro to Robocop. You're right Robocop is a cyborg, but Astro is one unique individual. He had Tobio's Brain Cells, or DNA or whatever transplanted to his electronic brain. Just like Atlas. Not only that, but when Astro was inside his sister, he linked with her brain, so now they share memories and personality too. No wonder there so close, litterly kindered spirits. :lol:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 19 years ago

I had to add one of my own favorite quotes! :D

From The Robot Vikings:

Atlas: I want to repay my debt to you. Shall I repair the damage to your head?
Astro: No, I'll have Doctor Elefun do it for me!
Atlas: You and I have to settle accounts someday. But for now, a debt is a debt. Ask anything.
Astro: You can do anything?
Atlas: Of course.
Astro: Well let's see... Can you make a serum to cure a dog?
Atlas: A dog?!?

It's just too cute. He can ask for anything and all he wants his to save his dog! :P Atlas' answer tone was so hilarious too! :lol:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 19 years ago

I suppose i'll be hung by the ankles if I suggest "Let's rocket!" :lol:

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 19 years ago

There's, from Astro 2003...

"Humans worry too much."

"Oh yeah let's just destroy all the cars and computers and machines, that will really help."

"I really wish I could get some clothes that don't rip."

"But Rocket Ball's not in my programing!"

You really have to watch because a lot of times Astro's throwing zingers behind other people's talking.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

"A giant tomato? Couldn't you just put up a stop sign like everyone else?"

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”