Collection of Astro Boy quotes

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
mickeymouse
Kokoro Robot

Postby mickeymouse » 19 years ago

Hey everyone,

I've just been down nostalgia lane seeing Astroboy and hearing the music and everything! Isn't it great? :)

I'm actually looking on the net for any collections of, I guess you could call them 'wise quotes' or just quotes, from the Astroboy series- something similar to what I have found with Monkey Magic- I used to watch that too but I'm not sure if there's any fans of that in this forum!

Anyway, if someone knows where I could get a hold of some of these 'wise quotes' I'd be grateful.

I have already searched on the main Astroboy sites and a few of the fansites, but haven't found anything.

Cheers guys,
Mickey

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 19 years ago

I don't know of any collections, how about we start one here?

Astroboy: There's a moral here somewhere, but I don't know what it is.

Uran: Mom! Jump is gone and his dog house is broken to pieces!
Mother: Uran, have you forgotten to say your goodmorning?
Uran: But this is important.
Mother: You must say goodmorning first.
Uran: 'morning.
Mother: Say it properly.
Uran: GOODMORNING!!!
Astroboy: Mom! There are a bunch of huge footprints in the yard! Something happened last night!
Uran: You have to say goodmorning.
:lol:

Daddy Walrus: What! This is an outrage, you hysterical old battleaxe!

(Monkey Magic was cool too)

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 19 years ago

I think Astro has said something like that: "I'm cute, but don't mess with me!"
I have seen that somewhere in this forum, but I have no idea of what episode/serie it comes from.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 19 years ago

"I'm cute, but don't mess with me!"

That's funny. I can see and hear him saying that now. :lol:

Here's some more:
Astro, to Devil-bot from the Robot Amusement Park: "GET OUT OF HERE!"
Devil-bot: "Get out of the way so I can take the Swan Princess back."
Astro: "MAKE ME!"

Or something like that. :lol:

Astro, to micro-bot inside Uran: "You made my sister feel pain, I won't forgive you!"

Again, doing this from memory, but close enough. :D

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Another again, from "the human faced rock":
"You can't hurt my sister and get away with it!"

Better not mess with the lil' buddy :wacko:
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 19 years ago

Here is one of my favourite wise quotes of Astro (from the ep The Robot Vikings):

Astro: "Uran, stop playing with that dog! Have you forgotten about Jump already?
Why don't you go to the hospital to see how he is?"
Uran: "This dog is a lot better than Jump, he can sing and dance too. He even can play cards."
Astro (Turns himself to the robot dog): "It's getting late time for you to go outside! You're supposed to be a watchdog, so go take up your post and watch!"

Eventually this particular command was the robot dog's fate.
:lol:

Or in the ep The Lightray Robot:
Astro reacts quite angry at Daddy Walrus for scaring Lightray off the Xmas party by spraying his legs with red ink.

Astro: " :angry: He was just about ready to stay, now he never comes back!!"

In both cases he was plenty upset. He's acting that human-like, sometimes you wonder whether he's really a robot or not B) .
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Yes, I recently watched the Light Ray Robot(Denku) from the 80's and I'm glad Astro got angry with Daddy Walrus, because Daddy Walrus yelled at Astro twice before in the episode. So go ahead Astro, you tell him off. :lol:

The reason he's so human-like is because he's Tobio in the body of a robot. All of Tobio's memories and personality were transfered to Astro's body. That's why he has flashbacks and nightmares about his human past, especially the car crash. So he basically is Tobio. But I'm sure you already knew this, just wanted to talk about it. ;)

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Atoman@Jan 8 2005, 08:43 PM
The reason he's so human-like is because he's Tobio in the body of a robot. All of Tobio's memories and personality were transfered to Astro's body. That's why he has flashbacks and nightmares about his human past, especially the car crash. So he basically is Tobio. But I'm sure you already knew this, just wanted to talk about it. ;)

That's exactly so.
Toby wanted nothing more than a friend, so he suggested to his dad to create a boy robot which could give him that company his father never was able to provide because of his occupation.
After Toby's death something 'para-normal' must've happened to make Astro's electronic brain receive Toby's spirit. This is quite an esotheric subject, the more you think about it, the more it makes you wonder. :huh:
This is "only" a cartoon, but wouldn't it be possible this to happen in reality?
After all, 'there are more things between heaven and earth....'

:huh: I already know that I'll stay awake in bed this night.
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」

- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Yes Strange Wings, In the manga, and 60's and 80's anime versions of Astro It is only hinted at, so you're left to make your own conclusions on how Astro managed to have Tobio's persona. But in the current version it is explained in detail about how Dr. Tenma scientifically transfered both Tobio's and Daichi's personas into Astro and Atlas. Just like in Robo Cop. Hey, it could happen someday. ;)

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Originally posted by Atoman@Jan 9 2005, 08:01 AM
But in the current version it is explained in detail about how Dr. Tenma scientifically transfered both Tobio's and Daichi's personas into Astro and Atlas. Just like in Robo Cop. Hey, it could happen someday. ;)

I don't think we can compare Astro and Robocop in this field: Robocop had his brain transferred into a machine, Astro didn't ;)
In theory, it could be possible to "emulate" a brain with a computer, since the basic functions of the neurons are well-known, so it could be possible (especially in a fictionous universe) to scan a brain and input the data into an algorithm. In practice, the resources needed would probably be far beyond what is actually available, both in computational power and storage, not to mention the possibility to have an accurate brain scanning.
I hope I have not broken the poetry of this discussion :P

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”