atomforever.com

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
astro_mcfly
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby astro_mcfly » 18 years ago

Mitchy, as in Mitchy from the original Metropolis. (right? haven't read the page in a while.)
I get it. :D
p.s. hello everybody! I'm back now.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 18 years ago

Originally posted by astro_mcfly@Feb 2 2006, 09:39 PM
Mitchy, as in Mitchy from the original Metropolis. (right? haven't read the page in a while.)
I get it. :D
p.s. hello everybody! I'm back now.

:) Welcome back, astro_mcfly!

How you're doing?
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

Originally posted by Astro forever+Feb 2 2006, 03:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Astro forever @ Feb 2 2006, 03:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jeffbert@Feb 2 2006, 02:00 PM
Hmm, as many times as I have read Mitchy's page, that just did not sink in. However, it is still a bit stretching the statement that "Mitchy was the model upon whom Sapphire was based," to  say "Astro's mother ended up as Princess Saphire!" :lol:

But, I do not want any bad blood between us, so I will withhold any further argument. :D

Well I had never heard of Mitchy and I don't know enough about Saphire and Tezuka's world to have my own opinion, so I just took what was written there. Now, how true is that, I can't judge! ;) I only wanted to point out where I got the information, not put an end to the matter. :(

There would certainly not be any bad blood between us if you want to express another opinion. :huh: Hopefully I don't look like I don't want to hear another point of view without getting mad or frustrated. :unsure: This is a "forum de discussion", as we call it in French, so whoever doesn't want to discuss and hear other point of views has no business writing on one. I also have a lot of respect for you, so there's no reason why I would not want to read what you have to say. It's quite the opposite actually, you made me curious and I want to know! :) [/b][/quote]
Forgive me for that presumption. I ought to know that you are not one to be offended at contrary points of view. :D Here's my $5, let's get on with the argument! :lol:

I have been browsing the entire actors' world; & as such, have obtained a certain familiarity with the actors (& actresses), especailly the 50 who have their own pages. However, there are some facts that I retain, while others slip away.

There is a big difference between equating Mitchy with Sapphire, & saying that Sapphire was created based upon certain styles of Mitchy.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

Originally posted by jeffbert+Feb 2 2006, 09:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jeffbert @ Feb 2 2006, 09:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Forgive me for that presumption. I ought to know that you are not one to be offended at contrary points of view. :D [/b]

...and you may correct my English mistakes as well if you wish! :D

Originally posted by -jeffbert@Feb 2 2006, 09:31 PM
I have been browsing the [b]entire actors' world; & as such, have obtained a certain familiarity with the actors (& actresses), especailly the 50 who have their own pages. However, there are some facts that I retain, while others slip away.[/b]

I know what you mean, that's what I love about your page. It's a little bit frustrating to browse Tezuka's world, there are so many characters! :cry:

<!--QuoteBegin--jeffbert
@Feb 2 2006, 09:31 PM
There is a big difference between equating Mitchy with Sapphire, & saying that Sapphire was created based upon certain styles of Mitchy.[/quote]
I see what you mean, or at least, I think so. ;) I had not even given it a thought, I just thought it was funny that there was some link between those two characters, without wondering if it was just in drawing style or psychology. What you say makes sense. From what I understood of the plot in Sapphire's own series, it doesn't seem like Sapphire and Astro's mom have too much in common. :huh: I doubt Sapphire's main activity was to vacuum her castle... :unsure:

I've never seen Sapphire's series. :( I wish I had. It's out on DVD in France, but I'm not sure I want to buy it. There are so many old series I'd want! :cry:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I have seen the first DVD in the Japanese series, & it was really funny. I have a few images from two discs, & wish I had them from the whole series.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I fixed Shumari's link. :lol:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

I noticed a slight copy-paste mistake. It's written " Doctor Ochanomizu" instead of "Doctor Tenma" above the link. :)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”