053 Goodbye 1963

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

Astro forever+Aug 8 2005, 05:44 PM wrote:
[Quote=jeffbert+Aug 8 2005, 01:53 PM]
Alas, my friend, I speak very little Japanese; thus, I cannot answer your question. :(

However, I will now upload the gifs.

So you have the complete 1963 series? I thought you had the 36 or so episodes that were released in English (if I'm not totally off...).

Have you already uploaded them or am I just lost? Cause I don't see anything... :unsure: [/quote]
A friend has the 36 discs, but I have more than a few gigabytes of captured frames from the series. I will upload shortly.

Members are advised that this entire directory will be deleted once Astro forever downloads the pics. Linking to these will be very disappointing. Please copy instead. B)
Last edited by jeffbert on Fri May 28, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

I wish I had a "real life" friend who shared my love for Astro! *sigh* :(

I saved all the pics, but I'm too tired to make the gif right now! ;) Maybe a little bit later or tomorrow! :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Originally posted by Astro forever@Aug 8 2005, 08:51 PM
I wish I had a "real life" friend who shared my love for Astro! *sigh* :(

I saved all the pics, but I'm too tired to make the gif right now! ;) Maybe a little bit later or tomorrow! :)

Number three, you have failed. This organization does not tolerate failure. :lol: I have no particular rush to see the gifs, just please make a few big ones with most of the frames included. :D

Astro Forever
Administrator

Originally posted by jeffbert@Aug 8 2005, 10:38 PM
Number three, you have failed. This organization does not tolerate failure. :lol: I have no particular rush to see the gifs, just please make a few big ones with most of the frames included. :D

Big ones? Do you want them 640*480? :o I don't mind if that's what you want, just tell me! :)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Oh wow, I'm still trying to sort the pics and decide how I am going to do! :lol: :wahah:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Originally posted by Astro forever+Aug 8 2005, 09:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Astro forever @ Aug 8 2005, 09:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jeffbert@Aug 8 2005, 10:38 PM

Big ones? Do you want them 640*480? :o I don't mind if that's what you want, just tell me! :) [/b][/quote]
Not screen size, but # of frames included.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Edited: pics removed: see the final version a few messages after this one! :)

I kept every frame unless it totally disrupted the animation, however my problem wasn't a case of too many frames but rather that some frames were lacking. :( It's easy to see because in some of the pics you had, you could see two stacked frames, but sometimes one of them (or maybe both at some points) was missing.

I didn't keep the close-ups because there was no animation to do with them. I guess I could put them back if you badly want them anyway! ;)

Here was the one in which many frames are lacking:
[Image removed, see below]

I didn't cut anything here:

Here, I had to rearrange the order a little bit and cut the salute (unfortunately, but it would have come out of nowhere):

I wasn't sure of the speed, but it's not a big deal to fix, so just tell me what you'd like and I'll gladly make changes. :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Thanks for the gifs. I would like a 2/3rds reduction in the speed, though. :lol:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Here we go... They were at 16 or 17, now they are all at 25/100 sec. Do you like them?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I like them!

Sorry for this tardy post, but I just recently realized that all my pictures had been deleted from my backup drive, which is where I posted them for public use. So, I am now restoring them. :D

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”