Random Observations

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

This is the first time I notice cels being reused in different episodes (aide from flashbacks, of course). I suppose there are other cases, but this one hit me because I had already watched that scene in The Rainbow Comet a few times to get some screenshots of it in the past.

The top pics are from The Crystal of the Desert and the bottom pics from The Rainbow Comet. The zoom is slightly different in both cases, and obviously the backgrounds are different.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

I think I saw reused video in the Violent Gang Gadem (Robot Vikings). There was a clip with boxes tumbling down, one of which was labled "Tezuka Co." or was it "Tezuka Prod. Co." Well, anyway, this was shown twice in the aftermath of the gang's attack. :lol:

As to Abra, I do not know. While on that subject, I remember a character in an old Xmas toon named "Hocus Pocus." :D

Astro Forever
Administrator

Yes, I've seen the boxes twice too: at the beginning and as the Vikings smashes through a couple's bedroom! :lol: Talk about bringing work home! :rolleyes: There are pictures at the beginning of this thread. All I could read was "Tez... Prod", unless I missed a better shot. I love those little details! :D

As for Abra, here he is in The Greatest Robot in the World:

Now in the car with the robot that was attacked at the beginning of Uran Falls in Love:

Okay, they aren't the same color, but otherwise, the design is the same. :)

Astro Forever
Administrator

It took me so much time to spot these! :P

But where is Astro's mouth? :wacko:

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 18 years ago

Originally posted by Astro forever@Feb 1 2006, 05:43 PM
But where is Astro's mouth? :wacko:

I think he's just doing his usual dot-shaped mouth when he's happen to encounter baffling situations as this :lol: .
Otherwise, I would think that Astro is drawn way too small for giving him a proper mouth in this screenshot. It probably wouldn't look that true to scale.... :unsure:

Hmmmm, hang on..

Alright, I correct myself. It would be possible. :D

:D Questionmarks in daddy's eyes? I remember Astro having dollar signs sparkling in his at the end of 'The Time Machine'. The fact responsible must be to find in this robot family's genotype, or in other words: at the Ministry Of Science (not the website, the series' version ;) ).
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

This woman is dead, as indicated by her left eye. :lol: The image comes from 1960s 025th episode, TheDeep-underground Tank.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Originally posted by Strange Wings+Feb 1 2006, 02:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strange Wings @ Feb 1 2006, 02:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I think he's just doing his usual dot-shaped mouth when he's happen to encounter baffling situations as this :lol: .
Otherwise, I would think that Astro is drawn way too small for giving him a proper mouth in this screenshot. It probably wouldn't look that true to scale.... :unsure:

Hmmmm, hang on..

Alright, I correct myself. It would be possible. :D [/b]

I had thought about this as well. Actually, I thought maybe his dot mouth couldn't been seen because it would have been a little bit too close to his chin line - his mouth appears as his head is turning to the right - but I wasn't convinced, and now I'd say you've truly proved otherwise! :D

<!--QuoteBegin--Strange Wings
@Feb 1 2006, 02:03 PM
:D Questionmarks in daddy's eyes? I remember Astro having dollar signs sparkling in his at the end of '[b]The Time Machine'. The fact responsible must be to find in this robot family's genotype, or in other words: at the Ministry Of Science (not the website, the series' version ;) ).[/b][/quote]
Indeed! :D I had posted that one in the 1980 screenshots thread, but it deserves a post here as well! So here we go:

jeffbert: thank you! :lol: Talk about making a death not too tragic!

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

:wacko:
Oops, so I was wrong again! In fact Astro's eyes are showing just numbers instead of dollar signs.
I guess he would have indicated the currency in Yen anyway. :D
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」

- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Astro Forever
Administrator

Originally posted by Strange Wings@Feb 2 2006, 01:28 PM
:wacko:
Oops, so I was wrong again! In fact Astro's eyes are showing just numbers instead of dollar signs.
I guess he would have indicated the currency in Yen anyway. :D

I knew what you meant so I didn't even notice you really meant '$'. It would have been cute though! :D Maybe they could have put a '$' sign on one eye and a yen sign on the other? :huh: Hmmm, no, forget it, that wouldn't have looked right. :wacko:

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

:lol: I think I remember a scene where Astro's dad is having 3 little pupils lined up in a row in both of his eyes, but I can't seem to recall this scene's episode instantly.
I must have a check by myself, quite possible that I may have another character in mind. ;)
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」

- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”