Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

Please post if you happen to find it! :D

Astro Forever
Administrator

Jeffbert's post in the mistakes thread about a resemblance, as well as the the recent robots nobody wanted discussion made me wonder if I was the only one thinking that Duke the firefighter looked a lot like the Three-eyed One. :huh:

Jeffbert had also previously noticed that the genie at the beginning of The Genie From Outer Space looked also a lot like him:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Originally posted by fafner+Jan 10 2006, 05:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fafner @ Jan 10 2006, 05:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Astro forever@Jan 10 2006, 11:23 PM
Here is another unknown character, the one in yellow... I might be wrong, but I think I saw him somewhere in Tezuka's characters gallery. I can't seem to find him and I lack the patience to browse through all the pages again, to be honest...

His name is Ambassador Magma. I saw him in the GBA game. I just did a search on Google with "magma" and "tezuka" as keywords, and the first page was this one :D
http://en.tezuka.co.jp/manga/sakuhin/m054/m054_01.html[/b][/quote]
I realized the other day that he was also a toy in Uran's Quest! :wahah:

Astro Forever
Administrator

An audio observation now... :P

I found out that watching an Astroboy episode was a very good way to fall asleep! :D A few weeks ago, since I had recently gotten Manga Entertainment's set, I decided to watch The Genie From Outer Space, with the Japanese soundtrack of course! B)

So there I was, in my bed, relaxing while watching an episode I already had watched several times before in English and French, but never in Japanese. I was absorbed in the story and starting to feel asleep until...

GALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy did I jumped in my bed!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

And the volume was not even high... :wacko: He has such a cavernous and resounding Japanese voice, a little bit more and I would have thought somebody had put a home cinema system in my bedroom unbeknownst to me! :lol:

Eileen sobora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Eileen sobora » 18 years ago

Whooa :wahah: that sound more of a dream instead of in reality! :lol:
:p h34r: :p h34r: :blink:
My Artpage http://daydream16.deviantart.com/
A perfect artist always needs to have one. ;)

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 18 years ago

Originally posted by Astro forever@Feb 19 2006, 04:33 AM
I realized the other day that he was also a toy in [b]Uran's Quest! :wahah:

Image[/b]

Funny, I had seen it too, but had thought it had already been posted somewhere. Since I couldn't remember it having been posted, I thought I had forgotten :P Talk about strange reasonning <_<
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

Originally posted by fafner@Feb 19 2006, 05:24 AM
Funny, I had seen it too, but had thought it had already been posted somewhere. Since I couldn't remember it having been posted, I thought I had forgotten :P Talk about strange reasonning <_<

:lol:

To my knoweldge, it had not been! :D But fortunately, there is no rule about posting something that has already been posted in the past, because I would have been banned by now! :P

Even in the mistakes thread, it would be understandable if something got posted twice as there are litteraly hundreds of mistakes there. Better post twice than not at all... :unsure: At worst, we get a funny trivia where the answer can be found a few pages before! :D That is if you are unsure of course, if you are sure it has been posted, well...

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

ImageIn this corner, Magma, also known as Goldar, Star of Ambassador Magma. In the opposing corner, V-3, costar of Big-X. Its the fight of the century, folks--"

Reily
Kokoro Robot

Postby Reily » 18 years ago

sweet. B)
"Compassion is the scar of all I came through."
Turn your sadness into kindness,
and your uniqueness into strength.

astro_mcfly
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby astro_mcfly » 18 years ago

Funny, it just so happens that I have watched all three episodes on this page recently.
Wow, so I'm not the only one that thought Duke looked like the three-eyed one. n_n

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”