Just some questions about episode 1 and 2...(80's)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
ChibiGoku
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby ChibiGoku » 18 years ago

I have some questions, if you don't mind me asking.

1. During the Scene when Tobio is outside, and Tenma is trying to get ahold of his attention, and his eyes are flashing, there's a slight scene skip. I was wondering, was during this scene where you see Atlas being born or something?

2. After Tobio destroys the icebergs, theres a slight scene shift that doesn't look natural. It's after the Captain says "Now, lets get out of here!". Was this where Atlas originally shows up? Also, which episode number is this during?

3. During the ending where Tobio is stuffed into the box, and is closed, the music slightly hiccups in the japanese track. Was there a scene inbetween this or something?

4. On the credits, I noticed the following names:

Sukanku(Skunk)
Ribian(Libian)
Atlas
SomethingYama

There's a few more but I can't read the names. Question, what did Libian and Skunk have to do in episode 1 (or 2) for this?

Anywho, thanks in advance.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

Originally posted by ChibiGoku+Dec 1 2005, 03:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ChibiGoku @ Dec 1 2005, 03:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I have some questions, if you don't mind me asking.[/b]

I have some answers, if you don't mind me replying to one of your posts again. ;)

Originally posted by -ChibiGoku@Dec 1 2005, 03:52 PM
1. During the Scene when Tobio is outside, and Tenma is trying to get ahold of his attention, and his eyes are flashing, there's a slight scene skip. I was wondering, was during this scene where you see Atlas being born or something?

No, the first time we see Atlas is a little bit later, while Astro is sitting at the top of the building structure.

2. After Tobio destroys the icebergs, theres a slight scene shift that doesn't look natural. It's after the Captain says "Now, lets get out of here!". Was this where Atlas originally shows up? Also, which episode number is this during?

It's in episode #2. The second episode starts with the boat. There is a missing scene with Atlas at that point, but it's not the first scene with Atlas in this episode.

3. During the ending where Tobio is stuffed into the box, and is closed, the music slightly hiccups in the japanese track. Was there a scene inbetween this or something?

Yes, we see Dr. Boynton searching for Tobio and calling his name.

4. On the credits, I noticed the following names:

Sukanku(Skunk)
Ribian(Libian)
Atlas
SomethingYama

There's a few more but I can't read the names. Question, what did Libian and Skunk have to do in episode 1 (or 2) for this?

A lot. ;) Walpur Giss created Atlas using Astro's design, which had been stolen by Skunk. Livian is Walpur Giss' maid.

<!--QuoteBegin--ChibiGoku
@Dec 1 2005, 03:52 PM
Anywho, thanks in advance.[/quote]
You are welcome. :)

I didn't want to say too much because I thought you might be interested, if it's possible for you, in downloading these episodes from Anapan or fafner's server (ftp://ast:ast@atomu.ath.cx:6872 and http://wotan.homelinux.com/pub/). They are in Japanese with Cantonese subtitles.

Fafner also summed up the missing sequences with pictures (see this thread). I would suggest watching the episodes in Japanese before visiting fafner's site though, so it won't spoil anything for you. Then you will be able to get what was said in the dialogues.

Edited to fix link.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 18 years ago

Originally posted by Astro forever@Dec 1 2005, 11:45 PM
I didn't want to say too much because I thought you might be interested, if it's possible for you, in downloading these episodes from Anapan or fafner's server (ftp://atomu.ath.cx:6872/ and http://wotan.homelinux.com/pub/). They are in Japanese with Cantonese subtitles.

All my torrents are dead for quite some time: the disk holding all the seeds has crashed last saturday, and I realized it today. That was the real reason behind their recent failures. For now I still don't have determined wheather I can reuse the disk in any way, and I have none to use instead for now.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

ChibiGoku
Rocket Ball Champion

I have one more question, Astro Forever. You said the scene where Atom walks out onto the field, and his friends cheer him on, and he runs off embarrassed, was removed from the english release, correct?

Well, if so, then Manga actually restores this scene. The only downside is you only hear the soundeffects and Atom running away for no reason. No voices inserted.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Originally posted by ChibiGoku@Dec 2 2005, 03:28 PM
I have one more question, Astro Forever. You said the scene where Atom walks out onto the field, and his friends cheer him on, and he runs off embarrassed, was removed from the english release, correct?

Well, if so, then Manga actually restores this scene. The only downside is you only hear the soundeffects and Atom running away for no reason. No voices inserted.

Are you talking about this scene, in Robio and Robiette?

Image Image

It was removed because it was too Japanese, I guess... :rolleyes: If they restored it, wow! :o That would mean they probably restored a few more sequences here and there! And if that's the case, I'll have to check if I could rent it, because I'd love to watch these at least once! B)

(Animations originally posted by Strange Wings, here) .

ChibiGoku
Rocket Ball Champion

Originally posted by Astro forever+Dec 3 2005, 07:02 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Astro forever @ Dec 3 2005, 07:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ChibiGoku@Dec 2 2005, 03:28 PM

Are you talking about this scene, in Robio and Robiette?

Image Image

It was removed because it was too Japanese, I guess... :rolleyes: If they restored it, wow! :o That would mean they probably restored a few more sequences here and there! And if that's the case, I'll have to check if I could rent it, because I'd love to watch these at least once! B)

(Animations originally posted by Strange Wings, here) . [/b][/quote]

Yep, that's the exact scene. There's a few more scene restorations, but none that I can think of. (Have to wait for my order to get sent to the store before I can check again.)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Originally posted by ChibiGoku@Dec 2 2005, 09:04 PM
Yep, that's the exact scene. There's a few more scene restorations, but none that I can think of. (Have to wait for my order to get sent to the store before I can check again.)

Oh, that's cool! :wahah: Maybe the full scene with the turtle will be back in Lilly on Peligro Island! :P

I have a question. Are the English subtitles exactly what is said in English, or are there some differences? Because I suppose there might be some slight differences between the original Japanese and the English translation, if only to match the characters' lips. On Madman's episodes 1 and 2, the subtitles were what was said, word for word.

ChibiGoku
Rocket Ball Champion

The subtitles are different from what was said in the english version. Seems Manga did take into care of what the subtitles do say, instead of just using the dubscript. Only downside is the lack of song subtitles. But we'll live. (One thing I should mention, the songs in the episode, are translated, which is odd...)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Ohhhhhhhh... Now I want to buy this one too! :unsure: Thanks! :lol:

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 18 years ago

Hey all,

I just noticed some Atlas Boy scenes in the U.S. 80's set.
In English dub episode 4, the first episode where Atlas is an adult robot, we see a couple of flashbacks with Atlas Boy. :wahah:

The first is with Atlas Boy robbing the cash register and using his butt-guns. :lol:
and later Skunk balls him out for stealing the wrong thing. :lol: :lol: Poor Atlas Boy.

The next flashback scene is with Atlas Boy fighting with Astro Boy. I know it's a fight, but it's so Cute. :lol: Then that look on Atlas Boy's face when he can't bring himself to kill Astro. Awwww!

I'd forgotten about these flashback scenes. At least they are in the set. :)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”