117 Biggest Robot on Earth (part two)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

I am so pathetic! I think I downloaded an FTP app weeks ago, but I still use COMCAST's individual file uploader. One at a time stinks! :D

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

Did you download Filezilla? I use it, I can help if needed. :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

It is just that I have not had occasion to use it until now. But if I get around to it soon, I will let you know.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:
Originally posted by jeffbert@Dec 16 2005, 09:31 PM
I do not think so; unless he was shrouded by smoke or clouds, he would he unlimited energy from the sun.

What happened then? :cry: Did Pluto get him while he was carrying rocks? :huh:

Sorry for the delay; I think Epsilon had been damaged by his fight with Pluto, & collapsed as he was carrying the boulder.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks! :D I'd been wondering for the pat 5 years, but I'm a patient person! :p

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

Remember, in 03 Epsilon was a she-bot *points a my avatar!*

:D I think (just a hypotheses) Tezuka didn't create many female "battle-bots" because he didn't want to portray any violence against women. Likewise, my feeling as to why the female Epsilon of 2003 didn't perish was exactly for the same reason - not wanting to kill off a major female figure for what it could be seen as.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

Perhaps, but as these stories were originally published in BOYS MAGAZINE, I think that female characters were simply rarities. Cleopatra is the only manga robot that comes to mind, & she committed patricide & suicide. She (in the B&W anyway) was kind to Uran, & wanted to release her. I think there may have been a tendency to portray female villains as having some maternal instincts that clashed with their evil intentions, though there are exceptions. :lol: Sorry about the off-topic!

I could probably come up with more than a few examples of violence against woman in Tezuka's stories, but it would be fairest to consider the target audiences in each case. Sapphire certainly suffered abuse from many villains, Melmo's landlady is a real monster, Miri suffered, I suppose any girl who knew Makube Rokuro was living on borrowed time; he tried to kill Onishi Mika, & perhaps others.

teugene50
On a Flight into Space

Postby teugene50 » 13 years ago

Never watched that before.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”