089 Gomes Ghost

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

Not seen on E-version

I just watched the E-version, which states that Ochanomizu borrowed Atom's power pack to use in the patient, as its was missing. This certainly accounts for his helplessness later on.

Now Ochanomizu (Elefun) knows too much.

:lol: I just noticed the empty boots. Where are his legs? :D

Image :astro:
Last edited by jeffbert on Tue May 25, 2010 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

deleted link to pics

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

Wait, who disassembled Astro? :cry: Ochanomizu??? :angry:

Originally posted by -jeffbert@Dec 30 2005, 10:20 PM
The robot lion has no appitite for old men, so, he accuses the President of being a robot. Yes, even the lion is a member of the resistance. :lol:

A little tribute to Kimba, I guess! :D

Although the resistance assembled A, they could not restore his powers; thus, he was just an ordinary robot. Does this seem familiar? It should. The 2003 23rd episode "Memory Which Is Lost," (English: 16, "Lost in Outland") had the same thing. :lol:

Are you sure? I thought he had only lost his memory, not his physical power. I haven't watched it in a while though. :huh:

jeffbert[/i]@Dec 30 2005, 10:20 PM
Here is another pic for Astro Forever, it seems our hero lost his clothes since the last frame. :D

Are you referring to the Photoshop thread or the mistakes thread? :lol:

Thanks a lot for the pictures! :) You kind of make me want to buy the future US release! :D
Last edited by jeffbert on Tue May 25, 2010 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

deleted links to pics

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Originally posted by Astro forever+Dec 30 2005, 11:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Astro forever @ Dec 30 2005, 11:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Wait, who disassembled Astro? :cry: Ochanomizu??? :angry:

Although the resistance assembled A, they could not restore his powers; thus, he was just an ordinary robot. Does this seem familiar? It should. The 2003 23rd episode "Memory Which Is Lost," (English: 16, "Lost in Outland") had the same thing. :lol:

Are you sure? I thought he had only lost his memory, not his physical power. I haven't watched it in a while though. :huh:

<!--QuoteBegin--jeffbert
@Dec 30 2005, 10:20 PM
Here is another pic for Astro Forever, it seems our hero lost his clothes since the last frame. :D

Are you referring to the Photoshop thread or the mistakes thread? :lol:

Thanks a lot for the pictures! :) You kind of make me want to buy the future US release! :D [/b][/quote]
1. Yes, Ochanomizu did it.

2. Oh, my mistake. in the 2003, he did only lose his memory. I am unsure what ails him here, except that he seemed to recognise Ochanomizu. Thus, I guessed that his powers were missing. BTW, 105th Episode "General Atom" (English version 096, "General Astro," also had him lose his memory, but not his powers.

3. Yes, that thread.

:lol:

Ahhh! I forgot the ''' in the thread's title. It should be "Gomes' Ghost." :P

Astro Forever
Administrator

Originally posted by jeffbert+Dec 30 2005, 10:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jeffbert @ Dec 30 2005, 10:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>1. Yes, Ochanomizu did it.[/b]

How did he do it? Without warning? That's cruel! :cry: He sure changed between 1963 and 1980, he was almost crying as he took out Astro's engery cassette in Frankenstein. But then the 1980 Astro never acted like that! :P

<!--QuoteBegin--jeffbert
@Dec 30 2005, 10:47 PM
3. Yes, that thread.[/quote]
Which one? I named two, your answer doesn't help me. ;)

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 18 years ago

Originally posted by jeffbert@Dec 31 2005, 04:47 AM
2. Oh, my mistake. in the 2003, he did only lose his memory. I am unsure what ails him here, except that he seemed to recognise Ochanomizu. Thus, I guessed that his powers were missing. BTW, 105th Episode "General Atom" (English version 096, "General Astro," also had him lose his memory, but not his powers.

In fact, in the 2000s he had lost his memory AND his powers, because he had been damaged while preventing a sattelite from falling in inhabited areas.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

Originally posted by fafner@Dec 31 2005, 09:43 AM
In fact, in the 2000s he had lost his memory AND his powers, because he had been damaged while preventing a sattelite from falling in inhabited areas.

Didn't Boone (?) repair him? But he couldn't give him his powers back? :huh:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 18 years ago

Originally posted by Astro forever@Dec 31 2005, 06:11 PM
Didn't Boone (?) repair him? But he couldn't give him his powers back? :huh:

Now you say it, I remember Astro had managed to unburry a large object using his jet boots, long before he recovered his memory. I think I remember that Dr. O'Shay had repaired him toward the end of the episode, but I don't remember the details. Maybe I should watch it again... :unsure:
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Originally posted by fafner+Dec 31 2005, 07:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fafner @ Dec 31 2005, 07:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Astro forever@Dec 31 2005, 06:11 PM
Didn't Boone (?) repair him?  But he couldn't give him his powers back?  :huh:

Now you say it, I remember Astro had managed to unburry a large object using his jet boots, long before he recovered his memory. I think I remember that Dr. O'Shay had repaired him toward the end of the episode, but I don't remember the details. Maybe I should watch it again... :unsure: [/b][/quote]
When Marukubi Boon found him, he was severely damaged, but the main immediate affect was memory loss. However, when exposed to a memory cue, rather than recovering his memory, he blew a fuse, & collapsed. Dr. Ochanomizu then repaired him fully. :lol:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”