089 Gomes Ghost

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

Originally posted by fafner+Dec 31 2005, 06:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fafner @ Dec 31 2005, 06:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Now you say it, I remember Astro had managed to unburry a large object using his jet boots, long before he recovered his memory. I think I remember that Dr. O'Shay had repaired him toward the end of the episode, but I don't remember the details. Maybe I should watch it again... :unsure: [/b]

I do remember O'Shay repairing him near the end, just in time to save the world, quoi! :P I think I should watch it again too... Maybe I should go to bed watching a 2003 episode for once! :unsure:

<!--QuoteBegin--jeffbert
@Dec 31 2005, 07:06 PM

When Marukubi Boon found him, he was severely damaged, but the main immediate affect was memory loss. However, when exposed to a memory cue, rather than recovering his memory, he blew a fuse, & collapsed. Dr. Ochanomizu then repaired him fully. :lol:
[/quote]

Who was Boon in the 1980 series? :huh: I'm sure I've seen him somewhere, but where? Maybe the boss of Dream Island? Or the boss of Hellywood Studio?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

I do not recall seeing Boon in the 80s.

The mistakes thread.

Astro Forever
Administrator

I was mistaken in my previous attempts to find Boon in the 80 series, but just like Astro, something suddenly triggered my memory and I think I might have found the right character!

Boon in 2003...

Boon in 1980? :huh: He was a passenger on the Titan. If that's not him, that's very close to me.

And the "large object" you were thinking of, fafner, was some kind of rocket.

Edit: After checking again the Tezuka link given above, I'm 100% that it's him, even though I don't think that he had the same name in the series.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Originally posted by Astro forever@Dec 31 2005, 11:42 PM
I was mistaken in my previous attempts to find Boon in the 80 series, but just like Astro, something suddenly triggered my memory and I think I might have found the right character!

Boon in 2003...

Boon in 1980? :huh: He was a passenger on the Titan. If that's not him, that's very close to me.

And the "large object" you were thinking of, fafner, was some kind of rocket.

Edit: After checking again the Tezuka link given above, I'm 100% that it's him, even though I don't think that he had the same name in the series.

Oh, right. he played the part that was originally played by a no-name guy. :lol:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Originally posted by jeffbert@Dec 31 2005, 10:56 PM
Oh, right. he played the part that was originally played by a no-name guy. :lol:

Oh no! I'm already getting mixed up with the 3 different 1980 versions I've seen; it looks like it won't get better once I get a second 2003 dub and the 1963 series! :lol:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

restored pics

jeffbert
Minister of Science

restored pics

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

I repaired the images' URLs. :cool: