Questions need answering

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Kametsou
Metro City Citizen

Postby Kametsou » 18 years ago

I hope your questions are getting answered, stoogefreaky. It's really nice to see you here. :)

stoogefreaky
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby stoogefreaky » 18 years ago

Knight42092, I didn't know you were here. That's cool.

From my last question: I've never read any of the comics or seen any of the black and white shows. Right now I'm watching the 1980's version and I've already seen the 2003 one. There somewhat different. But, in a summary please, what is the over all story about? What is Astro Boy?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

Despite the fact that there are more than a few episodes in the 2003 that have little, if anything to do with it, the main story was a retelling of #63
The Blue Knight
. Lamp reprises his role from the 1980s series, as an anti-AI activist, who stops at nothing to create hatred & distrust between humans & AI robots.

Although several details were changed or omitted, the part about the Blue Knight leading an exodus of robots from oppression to freedom and the humans' warring against the newly created Robotonia was essentailly intact.

Several other stories were retold in the 2003 as well:

The greatest Robot on Earth
Time Hunter
Robot Bombs
Transparent Giant

just to name a few. Look here for the info on the 2003 & its relation to earlier stories: :astro: http://www.atomforever.com/ :hyo: :astro: :tenma:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”