Astro boy 80's

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Vergere
Administrator

Postby Vergere » 18 years ago

Owning two accounts
Owning two accounts is against the rules. But it may be a necessary evil, if evil it is.
It allows to test. It allows to see the forums through several ways. It allows to separate powers: moderation and normal use.
Employees who work for Internet firms will need to create several accounts to test the system. System administrators will create several accounts: to administrate, and to use.
Beside, it will reduce the risk to edit a post instead of quoting it. Some people will recognize themselves. ;)

Frau Brönimann
I'm not afraid of the old woman. I'm a moderator, she's not. She causes troubles, she's toasted. Plain and simple. :)
Anyway, it is now common knowledge she was not a real troll. She was a troll usurpator.

Am I a n00b punk Mod?
I would rather like b@ck-fr0m-d33p-sp@ce J3d1 b1rd. Doesn't it sound better? :p

Did I take care of Lets_be_fair01?
I wasn't the one to dispose of the offending posts. I came after the battle, only to see the last remaining post. It was referring to a "last message" that didn't exist anymore. I had to delete this message as well, or explain the missing information. The message wasn't against the rules, so I chose the second solution.
Lets_be_fair01 is still free to post. He has been warned.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

Vergere wrote:Beside, it will reduce the risk to edit a post instead of quoting it. Some people will recognize themselves. ;)
What are you talking about? :rolleyes: :p

crazyd2000
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby crazyd2000 » 18 years ago

Danny will you stop calling everyone n00bs

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 18 years ago

Danny wrote:Mark. "Oh Captain my Captain". A question I put to you and the Mods.. Are you really brave enough to try to stop Frau Bronimann? Just the thought of what she would DO to you.. *shudders*

The Frau Bronimann fiasco was actually the reason I drafted "no multiple accounts" as a rule. This was discussed in depth, and it was decided an exception needed to be made for Vergere for the purposes of moderation and administration.

This thread is a prime example. On my screen, I see this:

Apparently only moderators "see" deleted messages. It wasn't until Vergere checked with his standard account that he discovered it isn't visible to everyone else. So, to avoid confusion with Lets_be_fair01's following post, he clarified the situation. He has also run tests on his own account (such as suspensions, banning, etc) so we have a better understanding of how the system works.

As for our dear Frau, that kind of thing shouldn't be a problem now that we have a rule to handle it. More importantly (as Vergere has pointed out) it will prevent banned users from signing up again.

One final thing, please don't call someone a n00b and a punk unless you're a good friend and include a smiley. Especially a moderator, who has the ability to smite you. ;)

Danny
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Danny » 18 years ago

Last edited by Danny on Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
three and a half years.. for what?

Astro Forever
Administrator

Okay, please take a breath Danny... ;) I don't know what you are trying to do, but I don't think this supreme ironic tone is going to get you there. I think the first rule is a lot more important than a signature over the limit by 68 pixels. ;)

Danny
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Danny » 18 years ago

Last edited by Danny on Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
three and a half years.. for what?

Astro Forever
Administrator

Then let's go back on topic, which is Astro boy 80's. :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

:hyo: Bobo's ('Pook' in Japanese, Buck in the 80s) papa in the 1963 #5 "Cross Island" (#12 & "Cruciform Island" in the Japanese) has the same hair style as 80s adult Atlas. :D

crazyd2000
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby crazyd2000 » 18 years ago

hehe... your right

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”