I redid this one with a better quality:

Thanks!

How many frame can you fit into a B&W 23k animated gif? :astro:

Eileen sobora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Eileen sobora » 18 years ago

Nice avatars, but I still expect a Astroboy avatar from the 2003 :D
My Artpage http://daydream16.deviantart.com/
A perfect artist always needs to have one. ;)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

jeffbert wrote:How many frame can you fit into a B&W 23k animated gif? :astro:
Some have 7 frames, but for some reason I can't always put in as many frames. I always try to keep in as many as I can, then I try reducing the "color" to make it smaller, if it's still too big then I delete another frame, check if it's enough with reducing the color, etc. Optimization (making pixels transparent when they are redundant) usually gives me good results in color, but that doesn't help with black and white, so there aren't that many more frames in B&W avatars than in those with color.

I try to make it loop as well as possible also, so if keeping a frame makes it look worst (because I deleted others), then I might delete it (which gives me a little better definition since I don't have to reduce the colors as much).

I also noticed I had better results if I tried doing them from the pics you gave me instead of just cropping and reducing the gifs I've made. That's how the one you chose for your signature improved though you might not have seen the orignal while it was there. I like it very much as well, even if only the last part is left. :)

I omitted some (shaking with fear, that I didn't think would look good because I couldn't make it square and so it would have been very small; Oshanomizu rocket because I didn't think it would look good without many frames, and maybe a few others for similar reasons or because I overlooked them). If you think there are some I omitted that you see how I could crop them and which frames I could keep, tell me and I'll give it a try.

As for the one you chose for your avatar - which I like too BTW! :D - I may have gotten a slightly better result if I still had the original pictures in my computer, but for some reason I can't seem to find them anymore. :confused: I did it from the existing animated gif and it still turned out okay IMO but if you'd want me to see if I could do a bit better, you'd have to give me access to the pics again.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Eileen sobora wrote:Nice avatars, but I still expect a Astroboy avatar from the 2003 :D
Okay, but then please give me a few suggestions (episodes and scenes). Keep in mind that if I'm *very* lucky I can put up until 7 frames, but usually it's more around 4 or 5. ;)

Mark
Administrator

Postby Mark » 18 years ago

These are absolutely fantastic! I just had to use this one :D

I've resized it slightly though if you don't mind :)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Mark wrote:These are absolutely fantastic! I just had to use this one :D

I've resized it slightly though if you don't mind :)
Not at all. I'm actually honored! :D

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

Astro forever wrote:Some have 7 frames, but for some reason I can't always put in as many frames. I always try to keep in as many as I can, then I try reducing the "color" to make it smaller, if it's still too big then I delete another frame, check if it's enough with reducing the color, etc. Optimization (making pixels transparent when they are redundant) usually gives me good results in color, but that doesn't help with black and white, so there aren't that many more frames in B&W avatars than in those with color.

I try to make it loop as well as possible also, so if keeping a frame makes it look worst (because I deleted others), then I might delete it (which gives me a little better definition since I don't have to reduce the colors as much).

I also noticed I had better results if I tried doing them from the pics you gave me instead of just cropping and reducing the gifs I've made. That's how the one you chose for your signature improved though you might not have seen the orignal while it was there. I like it very much as well, even if only the last part is left. :)

I omitted some (shaking with fear, that I didn't think would look good because I couldn't make it square and so it would have been very small; Oshanomizu rocket because I didn't think it would look good without many frames, and maybe a few others for similar reasons or because I overlooked them). If you think there are some I omitted that you see how I could crop them and which frames I could keep, tell me and I'll give it a try.

As for the one you chose for your avatar - which I like too BTW! :D - I may have gotten a slightly better result if I still had the original pictures in my computer, but for some reason I can't seem to find them anymore. :confused: I did it from the existing animated gif and it still turned out okay IMO but if you'd want me to see if I could do a bit better, you'd have to give me access to the pics again.

I like just fine, but I will see if I can find the frames.

Do you still have the one with Atom skipping rope with a snake?

Astro Forever
Administrator

jeffbert wrote:Do you still have the one with Atom skipping rope with a snake?
Yes. :)

I tried to do it in color, but it was too big. :(

Astro Forever
Administrator

Astro Forever

crazyd2000

jennytablina
Last edited by Astro Forever on Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”