How did you discover Astro Boy?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

"*Chick-a-dee" wrote:Wow, everyone has quite an interesting story about how they discovered Astro Boy, it makes my story look pathetic...

When I was twelve, I was watching YTV in the morning and (2003) Astro Boy was on. I immediately turn off the TV and went to my mother to complain about "how stupid Astro Boy was and how it's just a Mega Man rip-off". Well, she told me that she remembered when she was young and would wake up early just to watch it. She also added that I might like it if I gave it a chance. In an effort to prove my mother wrong, I said to her that I would watch Astro Boy but I probably would not enjoy it at all. So, I went online to search for the first Astro Boy episode, expecting to find the same show I watched on YTV. Instead, I found the first episode to the 80's Astro Boy. After watching the first episode I was hooked, and I started waking up at 5 AM just so I could go watch more episodes online. Later I actually bow all the episodes, some comic books, and other graphic novels by Osamu Tezuka.

Recently I discovered that at the age of six, I would stay at my baby-sitter's and watch Sailor Moon and Astro Boy, so I guess I was introduced to Astro at a young age, but just couldn't remember.

That's actually an interesting story. I, too, wasn't attracted to Astro Boy the first few times I saw the opening credits, but I was hooked after the first episode I watched.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”